Hallett Cove Beach

Guest JennyJay
Here are a few pictures taken of Hallett Cove Beach about 6 weeks ago .......enjoy x

Hi everyone,

great photo's Hallett Cove looks really nice, how long does it take to center of Adelaide . I am a nurse who will be working at RAH if all goes well. My husband would love to live near the coast but it depends on how far away it is. Hope you are enjoying your new life and it's everything you hoped for:chatterbox: bye for now,

Jenny.

Hi there,

thanks for your comments, we love Hallett Cove but were only using it as a stop gap until we decided where we could afford to live. But now we love it that much that we would be upset if we had to leave. The kids are settled, we have made plenty of friends, we are all in clubs either in or surrounding hallett cove, so it would be a shame to leave all that already.

Commuting distance is around 40 minutes, so not too bad, but there are trains that go direct too, so this helps to cut out any heavy traffic.

Hope this helps, you can PM me if you want any more information, but we love it!!

Guest Aussie pat

The distance may be an issue in the long term if you're working lates or nights (& are travelling back tired after shifts) although it's not impossible. If you thought about switching to Flinders Medical Centre or even Noarlunga Hospital (less acute though) in the future it would make life a lot easier for you if you lived at Hallet Cove which is a nice area.

I have worked at both hospitals and would not want to travel to the RAH from Hallet Cove if I didn't have to.

Guest nurse sue

lovely pics !

we drove past hallett cove when we were in adelaide last year ... really wish we had thought on and stopped for a few hours and mosied around ... housing looks so nice too, is the beach ok for kids to play on? looks quite rough, what with all those pebbles!

• 2 months later...

Hi Nurse Sue

Hallett Cove is rocky but does have sand too so the kids would be able to make sand castles. It's also great for beach combing and pond dipping, particularly when you're not sunbathing types. I wouldn't recommend swimming here, simply because the rocks are hard on the feet and where there are rocks there are also blue ringed octopus! The nearby conservation park is a great place for a walk and there are a number of different routes to take so something for everyone.

The local dolphins are easily spotted off HC beach too...plus any peeps into surfing will enjoy the waves during Autumn and Winter.

Hope this helps

Dette :)