Christmas in July

I made reference to the radio playing Frosty the Snowman today and a friend said they were off to Sovereign Hill in Ballart for Christmas in July; so I had to Google it and it looks amazing - wrong but amazing : http://christmasinjuly.sovereignhill.com.au/experience (I love that the faux snowfalls are subject to the weather :biglaugh:)

Has any body been to it? Is anyone doing anything here in SA as a Christmas in July? Can it be Christmas or is it just a mid-winter festival and it should be billed as such?

We did a Christmas in July when I lived in Sydney. Twelve expats, we rented a house in the Blue Mountains for the weekend and did the whole thing - Christmas tree, turkey, mince pies and presents. It was great fun and the locals go for it in a big way selling stuff in the shops which just makes it feel even more Christmassy.

Nevertheless, we still love being able to celebrate Christmas on the beach in the sun too

We were at Sovereign Hill a few days ago. We didn't know it was Christmas in July until we got there and found it full of Christmas Trees. Didn't see the snow or hear the carols as the youngest wanted to spend the whole time panning for gold :arghh: . It was a bit wierd having the Christmas trees around, but given the whole place is set up like a village from way back it didn't seem too bad. The weather was certainly more Christmassy than most Decembers here anyway.