Fab two days...!!!!

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

Well what a great few weeks we have had . Last weekend we headed down to Victor harbour with some new buddies and had a fab time it was the official opening of the whale watching seasion. Granite Island is very beautifull and some fantastic views to be had and all for free . You can get the horse led tram over to the island or walk as we did , in total allow about 2 to 3 hours to walk around taking a slow walk which gives you time to take all the views back to the main land .

We seriously questioned if we could settle here.....?( Victor harbour) ..... with a big yes , maybe in a few years after we have finished our build in Noarlunga .

Although there was no whales as we were on the far side of the island we looked down to see 15 dolphins swimming past without a care in the world:jiggy:.

Another great day today at the Sea and Wines Festival in Mclaren Vale ,it seemed that the whole of Adelaide was out today , coaches and limos everywhere . We headed down to Parri winery , there we met up with Guzzler & sas , Jo & Dale and a few other familys . There was loads for the kids to do inc.. camel rides , bouncy castle ,farm animals ,and of course lots of wine for the adults . You get a nifty wine glass holder to hang around your neck ( just to save any spillages:p) . There was about 1000 people plus and the atmosphere was fab no trouble in sight and very kid friendly , the bands were great and the wine was even better . One for next year without a doubt and would reccommend to all Thanks to everyone to for a great day.

Cheers Gra & Jac

Guest cunnah10
Well what a great few weeks we have had . Last weekend we headed down to Victor harbour with some new buddies and had a fab time it was the official opening of the whale watching seasion. Granite Island is very beautifull and some fantastic views to be had and all for free . You can get the horse led tram over to the island or walk as we did , in total allow about 2 to 3 hours to walk around taking a slow walk which gives you time to take all the views back to the main land .

We seriously questioned if we could settle here.....?( Victor harbour) ..... with a big yes , maybe in a few years after we have finished our build in Noarlunga .

Although there was no whales as we were on the far side of the island we looked down to see 15 dolphins swimming past without a care in the world:jiggy:.

Another great day today at the Sea and Wines Festival in Mclaren Vale ,it seemed that the whole of Adelaide was out today , coaches and limos everywhere . We headed down to Parri winery , there we met up with Guzzler & sas , Jo & Dale and a few other familys . There was loads for the kids to do inc.. camel rides , bouncy castle ,farm animals ,and of course lots of wine for the adults . You get a nifty wine glass holder to hang around your neck ( just to save any spillages:p) . There was about 1000 people plus and the atmosphere was fab no trouble in sight and very kid friendly , the bands were great and the wine was even better . One for next year without a doubt and would reccommend to all Thanks to everyone to for a great day.

Cheers Gra & Jac

Sounds like you had a great time!

We stayed at Victor Harbour this time last year!It was amazing!We too questioned could we live there it was a definite yes!

Missed the whales but we got so close to sea lions basking in the sun and giving us a show of playful activity!

Stayed at the whalers inn bit further down in Encounter Bay!

beautiful stunning breathtaking views!

Guest Kiki

:wubclub:IM SOOOOO Jealous but pleased you are having a great time. I especially like the idea of the wine holders.

We did a flying visit to Victor Harbor when we were on our recci but only got as far as Mc Donalds and the park then we had to leave as we made plans to meet someone. Next time we hope to see the real Victor Harbor. It always looks great in pictures and soud great when everyone describes it. Keep having fun and keep letting us know.:wubclub:

All the best Kimberley x

Guest Roo1

Hi Jac,

Sounds like your having a great time! I'll text you today concerning the school, sorry completly went out my head.

See you soon

Judi x

Guest katsmajic

Hi Guys,

I totally agree that those 2 days out were fab, Victor Harbour is stunning - no other word sums it up...we loved it down there.

The Sea&Vines festival was fab too, i havnt seen so many people gathered all having a great time and not a sign of trouble any where. The high st of MaClaren Vale was full of people all smiling and chilled. It reminded us a bit of the build up atmosphere of the Cheltenham Gold Cup...without the drunken irish men ;)

Our 4 yr old was slinging a foam bomerang/frisbee around and anyone he managed to hit joined in with him - he went dancing with his dad and gained a lil entourage in the marquee.

I was the nominated driver and still had lots of fun...:jiggy:

hubby was a lil worse for wear and insisted on being DJ when we got home...party dances ruled for about an hour before the kids gave up and slinked off to bed...

Guest graandjac
Hi Guys,

I totally agree that those 2 days out were fab, Victor Harbour is stunning - no other word sums it up...we loved it down there.

The Sea&Vines festival was fab too, i havnt seen so many people gathered all having a great time and not a sign of trouble any where. The high st of MaClaren Vale was full of people all smiling and chilled. It reminded us a bit of the build up atmosphere of the Cheltenham Gold Cup...without the drunken irish men ;)

Our 4 yr old was slinging a foam bomerang/frisbee around and anyone he managed to hit joined in with him - he went dancing with his dad and gained a lil entourage in the marquee.

I was the nominated driver and still had lots of fun...:jiggy:

hubby was a lil worse for wear and insisted on being DJ when we got home...party dances ruled for about an hour before the kids gave up and slinked off to bed...

:(Sorry guys i didnt mention you as i didnt know you were on pia:swoon: so can i add we had a fab two days out with Kat , Martin and family , hopefully be sneeking off for some fishing with Martin thisarvo . Cheers Graham

Guest katsmajic

:) Martin has chores first lol....

Hes very excited bout your fishing escape tho...got his prawns out!

Are you going to do the quote of the day????

Guest jojo

Hi all

yes i can say it was a great day. The music was great and a the driver it was fun to watch people slowly getting worse for wear and that was just Paul!!, who as we speak is still recovering and saying its because he didnt have anthing to eat :skeptical: So it wasnt the amount he drunk then????

Kat has martin put the bunch of raisins on Ebay yet??? lovely to meet you and think the dancing was great.

Jo xxx:)

Guest Guest75
Sounds like you nguys are really settling in! I'm ashamed to say we've not even been to Victor Harbor yet but it's definitely on the list...

J.

Tut,tut - get yourself out there - loads to see - even in winter!!!

Guest dale_jo@

So glad you guys,Graham, Jac,Kat,Martin & Co all had a great time!!!

Great to meet you all and show you How we can Party In Little Old Adelaide!!!

And No Graham , Sarah was well on her way before i Got There!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hee Hee Hee, Seriously though glad you guys enjoyed it!!!

Limo next year, I Say!!!!

Guest LOOBYLOO

It sounds great. OH was over on a reccie last May and spent a bit of time in Victor Harbor and loved it. We want to rent there when we eventually get our visa.

Linda

Guest Shaggy

Oh my mate i can remember the days when i used to get that excited but i would never tell the world that i got my PRAWNS out over it,but fair play to you.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::err::biglaugh:

Ahh, really really gutted that we didnt make the sea & vine festival this year - its just a bit awkward with me still in plaster and not feeling right........will be there for next time - defo!

Sounds like you all had fun! We're so lucky to live in such a place where things are happening all the time....

sarahxx

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Ahh, really really gutted that we didnt make the sea & vine festival this year - its just a bit awkward with me still in plaster and not feeling right........will be there for next time - defo!

Sounds like you all had fun! We're so lucky to live in such a place where things are happening all the time....

sarahxx

You wouldn't have been on your own as Sas was well "plastered" she's just coming back into the land of the living after a long 48 hours:v_SPIN::confused::goofy::SLEEP:,

Good luck for later in the week,

Guzzler

Guest stufi1997
Well what a great few weeks we have had . Last weekend we headed down to Victor harbour with some new buddies and had a fab time it was the official opening of the whale watching seasion.

Oh ye daft sods; you should have popped round for a cuppa (or something!). I think i spent about an hour in that que for the rock climbing wall !!!!! :biglaugh: Stu.

Guest Guzzler&Sas

is it safe to raise my head out of the pit now? Very embarressed, happy to drive next year guys! hahahaha!

think that I really enjoyed myself ....

Guest katsmajic

think that I really enjoyed myself ....

Sas, you had a GREAT time! ;)

It was really nice to meet up with folks, put faces to names, and have a great time with them all etc.

If thats party time in winter whats summer going to bring??? I cant wait ;)