Qatar airlines - checking in

Hi,

because of the sudden nature of a return trip to the UK, I had to book Friday. Booked with Qatar as it was the cheapest. However, when trying to check in last night and this morning - seems to have a problem and comes up with an error message.

Now, as Qatar don't fly from Adelaide yet, we are going via Perth. The connection time is about two hours - could that be the problem? Tried ringing them but only open Mon-Fri - disappointed with that.

Just don't want a problem in Perth.

Cheers,

Cooler

Should be fine I think. Check in for international is usually 2-3 hours before the flight departs. So long as you can shift from domestic to international departures with ease and get your bags etc without issue I'd think you would be ok.

We usually check in 2-3 hours before departure for an international flight. Anymore than that and its boredom central sitting waiting for the check in to open and off load the bags.

I had a look at Qatar info for Aus and it says

[h=2]Airport check-in[/h]Check-in typically opens 3 hours prior to departure and closes one hour before departure. We recommend that you arrive at the airport three hours prior to departure.

http://www.qatarairways.com/au/en/checking-in.page

The domestic and International terminals at Perth Airport are in two different locations with shuttle or free transfer bus in between. Is your internal flight domestic? If so, you may have to allow more time for the transfer of your baggage and yourselves.

On the other hand, if you booked through the airline site, there are not usually any problems and they have allowed for these things.

Hi,

because of the sudden nature of a return trip to the UK, I had to book Friday. Booked with Qatar as it was the cheapest. However, when trying to check in last night and this morning - seems to have a problem and comes up with an error message.

Now, as Qatar don't fly from Adelaide yet, we are going via Perth. The connection time is about two hours - could that be the problem? Tried ringing them but only open Mon-Fri - disappointed with that.

Just don't want a problem in Perth.

Cheers,

Cooler

some airlines allow cheek in 48 hours prior to travel others 24 emirates being one of them so maybe that was the problem ?

• 2 weeks later...