Kitten Wanted

Guest bevbinoz

Guest bevbinoz

Hi , I have been thinking for some time of getting a new addition to the household and now I am settled in my new home would love to have a kitten for me and my children. My boys are very loving towards animals (not suffocating!) and although I would love to have a dog I dont feel it is fair to leave a dog all day whilst at work. So, and the boys would prefer anyway, a pussy cat. If you know of anyone who is looking to home a kitten we would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Beverley, Alex & Tom Tom:notworthy:

Hi Bev,

Go and have a look at the RSPCA just off Lonsdale road. You can go and choose a kitten (or cat), have a play with it to make sure it's the one for you, if not, choose a different one. They come already desexed, microchipped and the first lot of vaccinations. For that you pay $110.00

We got our kitten from there and she has been a wonderful addition to our family. My daughter Chloe always has her draped around her neck like a scarf!

Karen

Guest bevbinoz

Aww how sweet, thanks Karen, yes I know of the RSPCA, havent dared venture there cos I thought I might bring them all home! Will probably end up there though I expect - I mean how do you choose, the boys will narrow it down as they want a black cat!

Cheers

Bev

Guest Nick11
Hi , I have been thinking for some time of getting a new addition to the household and now I am settled in my new home would love to have a kitten for me and my children. My boys are very loving towards animals (not suffocating!) and although I would love to have a dog I dont feel it is fair to leave a dog all day whilst at work. So, and the boys would prefer anyway, a pussy cat. If you know of anyone who is looking to home a kitten we would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Beverley, Alex & Tom Tom:notworthy:

Woofers pet shop opposite the court house at chrisities beach have got piccies of beautiful kittens that are being given away to good homes.

Guest Deb17

Have a look in the give aways section in the local newspapers too. I know there are always two or three notices for give away kittens to good homes in the Southern Messenger. But if you do that always have a good look at the mother cat too and check she is in good condition; well fed, free from fleas etc. I would still always be worrying that if they were responsible pet owners they should have had their cat de-sexed before she got into that state...

And I know back home we wouldn't dream of buying a kitten from a petstore but I have had my two cats from Pets Paradise, one from the Westfield Marion store and the other from the Colonnades. Both are grown up now into gorgeous, healthy, affectionate lapcats, so I feel they at least get their kittens from reputable sources.

Good luck with your choice, and enjoy.

Guest bevbinoz

thank you for your advice , i will check it out

i want a lovable playful pussy cat for me and my boys

i had a cat called muppet she lasted 21 years bless her, never forget her

There is also the Animal Welfare League at Wingfield - we got our adorable Smudge (short for Smudgie Buggler) from there - the helpers in the place seem to spend time sitting in the pens with the kittens so they are really sociable animals, and our cat is just adorable - even comes out for a walk with me and the dog every morning in the park (although we do get some funny looks from people sometimes!)

Don't know what they charge nowadays but Smudge cost $55 and had already been desexed, microchipped and had her first injections. They were very helpful on the phone too, as I kept ringing them beforehand asking if they had any kittens in the right colour!! (Well, you know how it is, I wanted one to match the furniture......)

Guest Nick11
There is also the Animal Welfare League at Wingfield - we got our adorable Smudge (short for Smudgie Buggler) from there - the helpers in the place seem to spend time sitting in the pens with the kittens so they are really sociable animals, and our cat is just adorable - even comes out for a walk with me and the dog every morning in the park (although we do get some funny looks from people sometimes!)

Don't know what they charge nowadays but Smudge cost $55 and had already been desexed, microchipped and had her first injections. They were very helpful on the phone too, as I kept ringing them beforehand asking if they had any kittens in the right colour!! (Well, you know how it is, I wanted one to match the furniture......)

We got our dog from there. Seemed to be an awful lot of cats there looking for a loving home.

They give you a 2 week guarentee - any illness and they'll treat it free of charge.

Can ring any time for advice as well. Lovely people there.

Fantastic place

Nick