visiting for 3 weeks!!!

Guest colinanddonna

Guest colinanddonna

We are looking to come over for three weeks, never been before but want to get an idea of where we would like to stay when we hopefully get our visa 175. Just wondered we only have three weeks and want to know how can we get the most out of our three weeks, we have been told if we want to see all of Adelaide it would be best to hire a campervan and travel around???? If anyone has any good ideas please can you let me know!!!!

when we came over for 2 weeks (12 years ago)we spent one week in brighton and the other further south in aldinga, we hired a car to get around, we already knew that we wanted to be near the beach and that we wanted a village feel rather than being in a city, so eventually ended up living in mclaren vale, have recently moved to moana which is on the coast........we also brought mother in law with us on our reccie (we came to validate the visa's as we couldn't sell our house - probably sounds familar to some people now!!??) helped mum in law by seeing where we were going and also gave her the confidence to come out on her own for the next 6 years!! Hope this helps you?

Guest marty
We are looking to come over for three weeks, never been before but want to get an idea of where we would like to stay when we hopefully get our visa 175. Just wondered we only have three weeks and want to know how can we get the most out of our three weeks, we have been told if we want to see all of Adelaide it would be best to hire a campervan and travel around???? If anyone has any good ideas please can you let me know!!!!

you dont need a camper van Adelaide is only 100k from one end to the other and about 30k from the beach to the hills, a hire car would be fine as there are plenty of hotels/motels

Hi,

It depends on what time of the year you will be visiting, how much money you have to spend, how far out of Adelaide you want to travel and whether you have kids in tow.

Ideally, if you don't have kids, just hire a car and stay in motels - there are loads around, in different price brackets. You could do some research first on the web. Then you could stay a couple of days here, a couple of days there, like a fly drive holiday. Definitely stay in the city and Glenelg, then maybe the Adelaide Hills (Hahndorf), the Barossa, Victor Harbor, down the coast (south of Adelaide), McClaren Vale etc and then just drive around (and sample some wine along the way!!). Visit some of the new housing estates and go round the display homes. Go to some Open Inspections on houses to get an idea of housing, you don't need an appointment. I think a campervan would be a liability driving around the city. Good luck and have fun!:)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Super Senior

I think Anne B has given you the best advice, she has hit the nail on the proverbial head !!!! Couldn`t resist replying when I saw your address , I was there in December (for Christmas) my Son lives in Chudleigh. I am pretty sure you are going to love it here in Adelaide ,it has that `small town`feel . Try and get here in the summer months as everything looks better when the sun shines, not that the sun doesn`t shine in the winter, but it has rained at lot this year and that might remind you a little tooooooooooo much of Devon.

Guest colinanddonna

Hi, thanks for your message, I have a lot of friends in Chudleigh!!! We are trying to get out at some point next year but have Sisters wedding in May and Brother in Laws wedding in August so not sure. I know once we (hopefully) get our visa's through next year we have to come out and activate them but ideally would like to come out before. Colin is a carpenter and is really keen to know if there is plently of work out there. The weather here is so bad for August, the forecast for today.... rain and gales!!! Its not good. How long have you been in Adelaide??