What's Henley like?

antlet

I think Henley is really nice.

If and when we ever get round to going back to live in Adelaide, Henley would be my first choice. I have lived in Glenelg and Semaphore but like Henley the best. It is not too busy and touristy (Glenelg can be at times), and it's easy to get into to town from there. West Lakes shopping mall isn't far. There is a bit of life too, Henley square is great in the evenings, packed with people having a meal, drinking wine and just watching the sun go down. West Beach is nice too but hasn't got any pubs so is a bit quieter. My OH likes Grange, which is also nice but more quiet and residential. There are some fantastic houses on the seafront which cost mega bucks and some lovely old houses in Henley near the beach which are also really expensive too. I can't comment on the schools, there's Henley High (state) school, and St Michaels (Catholic private) school, which my husband's nephew goes to, he seems to be happy enough there.

So the only down side is the high cost of housing, although there are plenty of units/flats to rent near the beach which would be cheaper.

I agree with all of the above. When my kids were little Henley beach was our 1st choice of beach to visit as the tide would go out leaving shallow channels of water which would heat up nicely in the sun. The high school certainly has lots to offer. St Michaels at Henley is the senior part of the school, used to be all boys, but I think they are admitting girls to all years now. There is also the new Nazareth College in nearby Underdale.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your replies. Sounds great.

Well courtesy of a lovely lady on this site who put us in touch with another, we have found a rental on Henley Beach. Will have to move again at some point, but its great to have found somewhere so close to the beach. Also have our daughter fully enrolled into Henley High.....all we have to do now is arrive!! by the way, I can't recommend enough, the lady "Marg" in Henley High who we have been dealing with, she's been fantastically helpful.

• 1 month later...

oh really? what year is she in? our daughter is looking forward to going there, but obviously with only about 3 weeks left at her current school, she's a bit anxious of what it will be like there. In january she starts at Henley properly and will go into year 9. I'm hoping she can go and do a few days of the end of year 8 so she can meet a few people before the school breaks up. She will have a few faces then that she would know.

Guest Mick and Helen

our daughter will be going into year ten in Jan, she is really happy there and I believe there are plenty of English kids there. She moved fron underdale school as she did not settle but made friends very quickly at Henley and they do have a good reputation.