Chinese anyone?

Guest Lulujim

Hi - For our reccie in October, we need to do some serious research and as part of this we will need to try out a couple of good Chinese restaurants ;)

Can anyone recommend a good Chinese?

Thank you!

Guest dale_jo@
Hi - For our reccie in October, we need to do some serious research and as part of this we will need to try out a couple of good Chinese restaurants ;)

Thank you!

House of Chow in town, last time we went was fab!!!

Guest TC for short

For Yum Cha (dim sum) the Citi Zen is good. There's another whose name escapes me just now but I'll be driving past it this morning so I'll check & post later.

The caveat is that I'm half-Chinese & consider chickens' feet quite tasty!

TC

gin ling on Marion rd at Ascot Pk. You can ask for their authentic menu where such items as sea grass and fish lips are on the menu. Their standard menu is fine too, we get take away from there regularly. Go to China town next to the Central market in town, the places are full of asians, which to me is a good sign and you can then shop at the asian supermarkets.

The name escapes me at the moment but there is a great one in Tea Tree Gully, opposite the Tea Tree Gully Hotel. There is also a good Indian there (the Ruby Raja) and a good 'English' pub (the Fox and Firkin) which does proper beer!

If you do go to the House of Chow on Hutt Street, don't whatever you do order crispy duck with pancakes, or they bring the whole thing up on a platter, head, feet and all, and the waiters don white gloves and proceeed to shred it for you (you can imagine the state the gloves are in at the end) while that cooked duck's head eyes you beadily all the while....

Diane

Guest kiltedscot

Thank you!

You have to try the Red Ruby at Christies Beach. Great food and good prices

Go on a Friday tea time to Ken's Place at Central market in the city. Its fantastic food and really good value, its really good down there on a Friday early evening as the market is buzzing. :jiggy:

Judi x;)

• 2 weeks later...