school holidays

Guest katyrick

Guest katyrick

another long week ahead of school holidays ! anyone got any suggestions of whats on or events for kids , they are aged 8 and 11 and we can only go to the beach so many times , anything to stop to them getting bored and arguing!!

ice skating

north adelaide aquatic centre - take an esky with lunch in it.

go for a walk at waterfall gully or morialta falls

have a baking day, get them to choose favourites

take a bus trip on the Obahn to Tea Tree Plaza from town.

take a tram ride from town down to Glenelg.

Go to town and go to the museum and look at their aboriginal artifacts and the stuffed lion which moves its tail or art gallery, kids might complain but I remember going round the Tate in London with worksheets trying to find stuff in the paintings.

If you are quick and can get down to Glenelg by 4pm ( go to the Town Hall which is on the sea front) there is a Tresure Hunt on for the Children. We have just got back and both my two really enjoyed it. It costs $5 each to enter and they give you the map and basically you walk up and down the High Street in and out the shops. The children get their map stamped and they get given something in every shop. They got some really nice reading books ,(Nicole got High School Musical so was really pleased) Lollies, cakes, hot chips, fruit, Mc Donalds toys etc.

There is also a competition to win a holiday once the hunt is completed.

Today is the last day, so I hope you see this soon.

Guest Richard & Amanda

I did that walk from Waterfall Gully to Mount Lofty - beautiful scenery but god its a hard slog all the way up that hill! (in my opinion!)

Then you have to come back down again :biglaugh:

Hannah my 8yr old enjoyed it, take plenty of water with you though and allow about 3hrs, better to do it on a cooler day.

:wubclub:

Dunno which end of town you're in, but if you're anywhere within reach, the indoor rock climbing place at Holden Hill is great - they give you training on the "belaying" (which you as the parent get to do - SUCH fun!) and I can guarantee two tired kids and one tired Mum (or Dad) at the end! Otherwise, if you have bikes, take them for a ride along Linear Park - into the City from either Henley or Highbury end.

Guest katyrick

thanks for all suggestions can vouch for the museum kids love it there and we usually go once each holiday! Sorry we missed the Glenlg treasure hunt thats the problem there seem to be all these thing on but seem to find out too late !

Has given me a few ideas tho and will certainly try Mount Lofty walk - might take husband on that one - he loves to walk and can carry the water etc !!!