Hallett Cove

Guest Natalie

Guest Natalie

I've noticed that there seems to be alot of you guys living down in/near Hallett Cove. I've not made it down there yet, but can some of you tell me why so many of you have settled there?

We've been here 2 weeks and I'm still driving around trying to decide which area we should try and settle in.

where are you renting now, how difficult is it looking and serching and looking and serching:goofy:

we have 4 kids and am dreding the hunt, carnt get nothing on the internet which i understand ,better to look when we get there hope you find somewhere soon natalie

suexxx

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there

Passing on advice about suburbs is the hardest but most asked question on this and other forums. I have always stayed middle of the road on this question and will remain to do so .... rather than decide you want to live in a particular suburb, look into what you can afford. Not much point thinking that you love a certain area and then being mortgaged up to the hilt trying to keep up with others.

When we arrived here, we viewed lots of different areas and what people had said on sites about some places, we disagreed with. I dismissed Hallett Cove because my youngest was 18mths old and was still in a pushchair and the look of some of the hills, put me off. No offense Hallett Cove guys ....

The best thing you can do, is drive around, take a walk around the shopping malls, look at the house prices/rental costs, and then decide if it is for you.

Also, just because lots of Brits seem to live in an area - does that make it a nice place? And as those of you who know me, I mean absolutely no offence to anyone ....

Cheers

Sas

xxx

Guest caoimhe

Also, just because lots of Brits seem to live in an area - does that make it a nice place? And as those of you who know me, I mean absolutely no offence to anyone ....

Cheers

Sas

xxx

You can say that now you're an Ozzie citizen;):biglaugh:

Guest sarahsmartiepants
You can say that now you're an Ozzie citizen;):biglaugh:

Not yet hes not:biglaugh:.

But he is right about HC, there are a load of hills, good if you are into walking and sheding a few kilos!!!

He is also right, you should wait till you get here as nothing is what you might be expecting once here. And most importantly, one mans rubbish IS another mans treasure

sarah

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Not yet hes not:biglaugh:.

But he is right about HC, there are a load of hills, good if you are into walking and sheding a few kilos!!!

He is also right, you should wait till you get here as nothing is what you might be expecting once here. And most importantly, one mans rubbish IS another mans treasure

sarah

Hi SSP,

He is a she in this instance:p, you must read the posts properly or are the eyes going in the old age;):biglaugh:,

Guzzler ( the he)

[ATTACH]131[/ATTACH]

I live in Hallett Cove and this is the view from my balcony (with the added bonus of my father in law - lucky you's)

The hills don't bother me as I love to walk and I like the fact it has great train links to the city and Noarlunga. Our local mall is going through renovations and I find HCSouth Primary a great school for my son.

Cheers

Judi x

Guest Guzzler&Sas
[ATTACH]131[/ATTACH]

...with the added bonus of my father in laws - lucky you's ...

Cheers

Judi x

Morning all

Hey Judi, glad you pointed out that the photo was of your F-i-L, for a moment, I thought that Ian had gained a few extra kilos ... (almost put pounds, but forgot that I am nearly an Aussie!)

Regs

Sas

xx

I work in the CBD so the train links are a godsend. Judi is also spot on about the views - breathtaking sunsets - and the schools; our kids are at HC East Primary and we couldn't be happier.

Listen to Guzzler - he is old and wise after all ;-0 - just because HC feels right for us doesn't mean you'll like it.

J.

Guest nida/Peter

Hi Im Nida, we've been here since august and we are currently living in west lakes and its realy nice here. Its near schools and the shopping centre, it's about 5 mins drive to the beach, and 30 mins away from the city. There are quite few rental properties available here. It depends on what you are looking for. They have mostly 3 bedroom houses. Hope this helps.

Morning all

Hey Judi, glad you pointed out that the photo was of your F-i-L, for a moment, I thought that Ian had gained a few extra kilos ... (almost put pounds, but forgot that I am nearly an Aussie!)

Regs

Sas

xx

:biglaugh:The scary thing is Ian's looking more like him as the years go on.........:err:

we are still undecided where we want to eventually live, we are in seaford at the moment and its lovely just very quiet. I had a good look around HC but we really couldnt see the attraction apart from the seaview, but thats just our opinion. The houses are cheap enough there so maybe thats what attracts so many brits. Again its a personal thing :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest graandjac
Am really concerned about the apparent lack of rentals!!:realmad: We have a short term rental for 2 weeks and then we are buggered. Are there areas that are easir to get rentals in ???

Help!!!! we leave in 3weeks!!!!:arghh:

Word of advice to any new arrivals ..........get your long term rental sorted out as soon as you arrive then you can chill but this has to be the NO 1 priority .......it can take ages to get something sorted.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

The thing about Hallett Cove which a lot of people "conveniently" forget is it is the second biggest suburb in SA. so its all very well saying it is full of poms, but at the end of the day Adelaide is full of ALL nationalties, in fact so is the whole of Australia:shocked:!!!

We live in Hallett Cove and decided on here because it was middle of the road, not to much of a drive to the city but still conveniently close to the beaches.

Hallett Cove East School is where my kids have settled and have to agree with Orreljet on this one, it's a great school and my kids love it.

There are a lot of other places we would have loved to add to our list, but unfortunately finances play a big part in it all.

See the areas that are close to your working day and check out the schools too, commuting and affordablity are paramount to settling.

Home is where you are comfortable and not where someone else is happy.

Come and see for yourself and then decide, but do get a rental for more that 1 month, as there is so much to do on arrival, your head won't stop spinning till way after that, but by then you are pretty sure of what your priorities are x