christmas pagent

Yes go really early, try get a spot under or near a tree for shade. Take a blanket for the littlies and chairs for yourselves. Rule usually is all littlies get to go to the front so be prepared to make way for unknown kids to get a view. Send someone to buy goodies at the central market for brekkie. The roads close early some by 7 and parking ticket inspectors are usually out in force. If you go early enough go for a stroll among the floats when they are parked up on South Tce by Pulteney Grammar.

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi Dawn, I felt exactly the same as you about Christmas celebrations in November, HOWEVER, seeing the ages of you two little girls, I really think it is something you should consider doing, at least once. You'd be just as amazed at the numbers that turn out, as with the pageant itself. It really is quite amazing and is really uplifting to see just how family oriented this wonderful little city is. The crowds are regularly around the 250000+ mark. That's a quarter of the whole state turning out and country people travel for hundreds of kms to come. It is one of the most viewed parades in the world, for numbers and I'm sure your kids would love it. Also this year, they are attempting to break the world record for the biggest mexican wave ever and are hoping for close to 350000 to attend this year.

My brother and his family were visiting this time last year so I took them all along to see it. They absolutely loved the pageant.

Get there early to get your spot. Take some coloured chalk along so the kids can draw on the pavements. Some people even bring their chairs along.

It's a great day out! Enjoy!

Guest Rob and Clare

Agree with everyone, if you have kids then get there early and make a full morning of it, the kids will have fun drawing in the road with chalk.... If there's just adults going, well you can get away with turning up with 15 mins to go, as only the little ones will generally be in front of you, so you still get a great view.

Then of course after the pageant it is traditional to put up the tree....

Guest xhaylesx

Bit undecided at the moment, we were going then we got an invite for the arvo so may wait and see if we feel like doing both.

If we dont go we will prob just go the the 'south pageant' and make a point to go next year.

We went last year and the kids absolutely loved it, we did too, it was just good old fashioned family fun, complete with air horn that my hubby mistakenly bought for our then 3 year old. The kids had a ball chalking on the road and pavements and they were sooo excited to see Santa! Andy is working on the Friday night so I plan to take the kids in on the train and meet him in the city. I think we we got the train at about 8am last year and it was packed but great atmosphere, and because we got on at Noarlunga we at least got a seat. Good tip which I have taken on board after seeing lots of people doing it last year is write your mobile number on your childrens arm with marker as it is really, really busy in Adelaide, just in case you get seperated!

See you all there

Lindsey