Family Cockling day out.

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

If you are into fishing and want to grab some cockles there is a family cockling day out at Goolwa.

Organised by the Sea Rescue Squadron fishing club but non members are very welcome.

Bring a picnic and have some fun!:jiggy::jiggy:

It is 4WD as we are going to be driving down the Coorong.There might be some spare seats or some ferrying going on - we will be doing some ferrying.

16th of November.

Meet up 11.00am Beach Road car park,Goolwa (entrance to the Coorong)

Everyone welcome.

Look out for our white 4WD with the rego TYKE 01.

If interested PM for my mobile.

A great way to stock up on bait.Cockles are very expensive this year.I think the bag limit is 300 each.

Have a look at the details on the Sea Rescue Squadron site here.............

http://www.sasearescue.org.au/images/stories/Sasr/Documents/ACS_2.pdf'>http://www.sasearescue.org.au/images/stories/Sasr/Documents/ACS_2.pdf

If that link does not work - try the main site and look to the right hand links.

http://www.sasearescue.org.au/

Guest Oeelidu12

thanks a lot , bump up up up!!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------We offer WoW Power Leveling and World of Warcraft Powerleveling,world of warcraft power leveling,, Buy Cheap WoW Power Leveling, enjoy best service:cheap wow power leveling, buy wow power leveling, world of warcraft power leveling

If you are into fishing and want to grab some cockles there is a family cockling day out at Goolwa.

Organised by the Sea Rescue Squadron fishing club but non members are very welcome.

Bring a picnic and have some fun!:jiggy::jiggy:

It is 4WD as we are going to be driving down the Coorong.There might be some spare seats or some ferrying going on - we will be doing some ferrying.

16th of November.

Meet up 11.00am Beach Road car park,Goolwa (entrance to the Coorong)

Everyone welcome.

Look out for our white 4WD with the rego TYKE 01.

If interested PM for my mobile.

A great way to stock up on bait.Cockles are very expensive this year.I think the bag limit is 300 each.

Have a look at the details on the Sea Rescue Squadron site here.............

http://www.sasearescue.org.au/images/stories/Sasr/Documents/ACS_2.pdf'>http://www.sasearescue.org.au/images/stories/Sasr/Documents/ACS_2.pdf

If that link does not work - try the main site and look to the right hand links.

http://www.sasearescue.org.au/

Weve driven along that beach a couple of times, but not too far last time................got the tide times wrong:arghh:. If you go along there with just a couple of you, and are lucky enough to be the only ones there, you get the wierd feeling of wilderness!. Good place to go..............but must be a 4wd.

Guest graandjac

:)would love to join you tyke but its the golf trip that weekend;), me and heaps good drove along there yesterday......its a great place like smit said, you feel like your miles from anywhere. There was loads of people cockeling? , is it something you do at high or low tide..? as i will nedd to get down there to stock up on bait .

Guest Guest75
:)would love to join you tyke but its the golf trip that weekend;), me and heaps good drove along there yesterday......its a great place like smit said, you feel like your miles from anywhere. There was loads of people cockeling? , is it something you do at high or low tide..? as i will nedd to get down there to stock up on bait .

It is a great place and yup - do watch the tide or you'll end up swamped or spending the night down there.

I don't think there is a specific time of tide that is best.

We will be out at the low tide and coming in with it - just seems easier:)

Guest Guest75

Hiya

I'd bring some buckets,an esky to put your haul in,and some ice.

You can fetch a rake and digging implements if you want.

Apparently you do a shuffle with your feet to find them and make them rise to the top - keeps you fit as well!

Bring a picnic and loads of sun cream:)

Guest moroker
Hiya

I'd bring some buckets,an esky to put your haul in,and some ice.

You can fetch a rake and digging implements if you want.

Apparently you do a shuffle with your feet to find them and make them rise to the top - keeps you fit as well!

Bring a picnic and loads of sun cream:)

Cheers mate.:)

Guest dunnarunna

hi russell i was thinking of heading down there sometime soon with the kids, do you know if you can get many cockles just from the beach as i dont have a 4wd.

cheers donna

Guest Guest75
hi russell i was thinking of heading up there sunday with the kids, do you know if you can get many cockles just from the beach as i dont have a 4wd.

cheers donna

Hi Donna

It's pretty random as to where the cockles are - it might be a short walk or a hike.

I think we are going a few K's down the beach.

A few of are ferrying so the offer is there for you guys:)

I've PM'd you my mobile in case you get lost........

Guest Guest75

Thanks to those guys who turned up - nice to see you. :)

Had a great time ,even if the cockles were a little elusive

They are faster than I thought!

The sand was nice and firm once on the beach - not like last time we were there :err:

If anyone has 4WD and not been there yet - go!

It was amazing to see so many people cockling - there must have been hundreds along the beach doing it.

We all reckon that there will be some mature ones in a few weeks time.I'm off again to load up.

If anything like this is coming up again I'll put up a post.:)