Just be aware these little (they are tiny) critters are out and about.
Daughter has been hospitalised, thankfully not a full bite or she wouldnt have made it to hospital...thank god she was with Aussie mates who knew what to do with her!
She was jumping off the rocks at port noarlunga - bottom of the wooden steps at southport beach, then climbing back up the rocks, thought she had jagged her foot on the rocks.
Quite quickly overcome - saw the poison working up her foot/leg and went dizzy/sick/slurring etc.
Going to take a while to get over but thankfully she will make a full recovery. She cant talk properly but thats prob a blessing in disguise.
The BRO have recently had their babies, the mums are protective but also dying - so looks like it was a dying one that got her as not as toxic as usual.
They hang out in rockpools usually, and discarded cans/bottles etc, port noarlunga beach has them in the rock pools there and along seaford/southport etc. They are very pretty - but deadly, usually causing paralysis which causes death. There is NO antidote!