Visiting Sydney?

Claire12

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi Claire, I stayed at kingscross (what a laugh) like soho london, but no trouble. jumped on the undergrond went to bondi beach 4 the day can't remember the hotel , only smack in the middle of kingscross near a big water fountain would do it again just 4 the entertainment alone??? opera house great at night time . Hope you guys hav a good un ? with no kids you lucky buggers ! . atb Paul

Hello all

Me and OH thinking of having a few nights away without the kids and going to visit Sydney. Have never been before can anyone suggest best places to visit and nice hotels to stay at?

We stayed in the Darling harbour area of sydney a couple of years ago , would definately recommend it. Lovely harbour area ,fine restaurants , shops and loads to do .also try the boat taxis at evening around the harbour to the opera house just as it was going dark , the skyline views of sydney are amazing, also visit the rocks area in the evenng , theres so much going on. We also visited Taronga zoo [ recomended by friends who live there ] across the water the views looking back over to sydney are great , the zoo is set on ahillside and is also very good, the zoo can be easily reached by boat and is not to expensive.

Have a lovely time , am sure you will ,we did.

enjoy sydney :)

LOUISE

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi Claire, I stayed at kingscross (what a laugh) like soho london, but no trouble. jumped on the undergrond went to bondi beach 4 the day can't remember the hotel , only smack in the middle of kingscross near a big water fountain would do it again just 4 the entertainment alone??? opera house great at night time . Hope you guys hav a good un ? with no kids you lucky buggers ! . atb Paul

We stayed there years ago, I thin it was called the Gazebo Tower then.

As for places to go, climb the bridge, but that take most of a day. Manly is a must. A water tour of the harbour.

We have seen a fair bit of Sydney due to BIL living in Kirribilli so we had a waterside place to stay oppostite circular quay, very nice especially on NYE.

Sydney is a great place to stay, try to work out the ferries you need so you dont have to hang around too long for the next one.

sarah

3 weeks ago I stayed in the Travel Lodge Whnyard in Sydney, this is right by the Harbour Bridge so very central . It is very clean and modern, like most T/Lodges and could not fault it. I recommend the Opera House Guided Tour and the Bus Tours around the City and this also includes another Bus Tour of the Beaches , including Bondi, which was a huge let down. We also took a water tour of the harbour. There are lots of nice Restaurants too, try the Sydney Tower Restaurant, this has a revolving floor and it gives you fantastic views of the City, especially at night www.sydney-tower-restaurant.com it is advisable to book for this as it is very popular. The Hotels usually have lots of information on sightseeing , just ask the porters.

Guest Rob and Clare

We've just stayed at the Travel lodge Wynard St too... It's very good value for money considering where it is located, 15 mins walk to Darling Harbour, 15 Mins to Circular Quay, 10 Mins to the Rocks and 15 mins to the shops.

If money is no object then the Shangri La is one of the best, stayed their on our reccie with a view of the opera house...

We went to channel 7 studios and got on TV while they filmed Sunrise, then Koshie and the gang meet all the fans after the show and give you signed photo's. We went to Manley and ocean world, but I think visiting Taronga Zoo would have been better, they have a baby Hippo at the moment. We also got the Ferry to Watsons Bay and had lunch at Doyles, it was just brilliant sitting on the beach with the city skyline in the background. Also visited Darling Harbour, Maritime Museum, Circular Quay, Opera House, Customs house and of course we had to go shopping too... Glad we're back for a rest....