Savage Koala!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

I had rather an interesting meeting with a young Koala the other day.

Mrs Tyke had said she had heard some commotion by the wood shed.

I went up to investigate and there was a young Koala sat in one of our olive trees looking sleepy but covered in cobwebs and looking generally dishevelled.

Apart from that he seemed quite happy so I left him while I was doing some weeding inthe veggie patch.

A few minutes later he decided to come down and go into the woodshed where he proceeded to clamber about over everything.

I went in carefully to try and shoo him out and back onto the gum trees.Boy he did not like being cornered and took a run at me with a warning grunt!:err::err:

I've not moved so quick in a while but was giggling to myself at running away from something so cuddly - but if you look at his claws (and I saw his teeth) you would not want a swipe.:arghh:

Eventually he came out -I was standing well away.He was then confused by the wire fencing around the veggie patch.I tried to steer him away,he chased me again - but saw his route to the gum trees and was off.He sat up there until dark munching so I guess he is OK.;)

Some pics of him from my phone.....

Can see the headline now.....'Yorkshireman savaged by Koala' :biglaugh:

And there was me thinking I had to worry about Snakes, spiders and lots of things that live in the sea. I hadn't for one moment thought of the dangers oo those sleepy cuddley things you see in the trees.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Oh to be a fly on the wall. I would have paid mney to see that.:biglaugh:

Pete

I've not moved so quick in a while but was giggling to myself at running away from something so cuddly - but if you look at his claws (and I saw his teeth) you would not want a swipeDear Mr. Tyke,Very wise decision! We have a very peculiar picture of our 10 year old daughter's face while holding a Koala at Cuddlee Creek last October. I couldn't understand why she looked so pained and shell-shocked as she normally loves animals. Only to find out he had inserted one of his claws into her tummy button for leverage leaving a 1/4 inch puncture wound. Oops! Cuddly with caution, I say!!!

Guest katsmajic

HAHA

feeling sorry for that poor cute koala being cornered by Tyke - poor lil thing must have been scared to death....:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Please tell me you are talking to Russell and not the Koala:wideeyed:

Pete

Guest Guzzler&Sas
I had rather an interesting meeting with a young Koala the other day.

Mrs Tyke had said she had heard some commotion by the wood shed.

I went up to investigate and there was a young Koala sat in one of our olive trees looking sleepy but covered in cobwebs and looking generally dishevelled.

Apart from that he seemed quite happy so I left him while I was doing some weeding inthe veggie patch.

A few minutes later he decided to come down and go into the woodshed where he proceeded to clamber about over everything.

I went in carefully to try and shoo him out and back onto the gum trees.Boy he did not like being cornered and took a run at me with a warning grunt!:err::err:

I've not moved so quick in a while but was giggling to myself at running away from something so cuddly - but if you look at his claws (and I saw his teeth) you would not want a swipe.:arghh:

Eventually he came out -I was standing well away.He was then confused by the wire fencing around the veggie patch.I tried to steer him away,he chased me again - but saw his route to the gum trees and was off.He sat up there until dark munching so I guess he is OK.;)

Some pics of him from my phone.....

I've told you before about wearing that eucalyptus aftershave,

Guzzler

The only Koala's that are safe to touch are the tame ones at Clealand and when you hold them they p**s on you, I saw one a few weeks ago chase a small dog at the park, horrible little buggers

• 7 months later...
Guest Guest75
Hi just looking back at posts

your story made me laugh so much

from a fellow yorkshire lass

Thank you , glad to make you laugh.

If it's going to bite/sting/attack - it's probably had a go at me!

Still nursing a wound from two weeks ago from a Leatherjacket bite.

I'd forgotten he was in the bucket when I went to to put some of our catch in the esky.

He chomped and locked on!!

Where abouts in Yorkshire did you live?

We came from Pudsey, near Leeds.

I'd forgotten he was in the bucket when I went to to put some of our catch in the esky.

Hello whats a leather jacket bite is it the zip:biglaugh:

we are from morley( gods town)

i have had a couple of black man pinches in the past

is it similar

david&christne

Guest Guest75
Hello whats a leather jacket bite is it the zip:biglaugh:

we are from morley( gods town)

i have had a couple of black man pinches in the past

is it similar

david&christne

Leatherjackets are the meanest little fish hanging around reefs and jetties.

They have solid bone for a mouth and can break hooks ( I often feel them grinding on my hooks as I'm fishing)

http://www.fishsa.com/leathjck.php

"Black man pinches"??Is that as eye wateringly bad as I think it is ( easy to avoid when that little piece of skin is removed when young?):arghh:

Morley!

One of our frozen food shops was there - near the Bottoms - called Topfreeze.

Just a bit different here is it not??

Guest graandjac

Leather jacket bite ....:biglaugh:that must be a first in history....i would never have admited to that one...lol:nah:

Guest Guest75
Leather jacket bite ....:biglaugh:that must be a first in history....i would never have admited to that one...lol:nah:

It's when you get squidded - or cuttlefished though - had a Victorian visitor that just did not know how to ink before bringing in - the boat (and me ) looked like an explosion at Port Stanvac!

I'm Arrrd though!!!

Ahm frem Yorkshire - I have no shame either!

Didn't tell you about the spike I got in the finger from the 26.5lb Snapper though - that sucker festered!

Shame ya don't have sea legs or we'd have have a real giggle :-)

Sure you don't want to chance a flat calm day??

Guest Guest75
36_14_11.gif hi - you got the wrong bit of anatomy -its when your finger goes black at the nail

when its in the wrong place wrong time

shop below town hall shut down 2 years ago ? clientel in morley like posh nosh

16_5_1.gif david /christne

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZJxdm035YYGB

:biglaugh:

Our best outlet was in Pudsey!

Bunch of tight wads there I can tell you.

Guest Guest75
Ey opp lad, ther's nowt wrong with keeping a weather eye on yer cash !

:biglaugh:

Gonna get watch that cash disappear next week on the big boat:biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
EEEE LAD DONT GET DAFT WATCH THEM PENNIES

GOING SOMEWHERE NICE?:jimlad:

A little cruise to warmer climes ,looking forward to setting off from Sydney,not been there yet:)