eating out?!

Guest mOZzy

i was just wondering how reasonable it is to eat out?!

because i don't really fancy cooking every day really :biglaugh:

i'd just like to know how much i have to buy foodwise - breakfast only?!

or does it have to be for dinners too :err:

please say it's much cheaper to eat out!!!!! :jiggy:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

It's much cheaper to eat out!!!!!

Guzzler

It's cheaper to eat out. Hey, do it for breakfast too. 5-6 dollars for a McMuffin, Hash brown and coffee at McDonalds, same for a 6-inch bacon and egg sub and fab latte at Subway. Then you never have to cook at all, apart from on Saturdays, when it is obligatory to have a barbie. By the way, only men are allowed to cook the barbie in Australia - it's the law.

Guest graandjac

:)Hi suzi, Christies beach hotel and Port Noarlunga Hotel are both good places to start and pretty kid friendly, but just remember dont expect to walk into a uk style pub.......very different. The best fish and chips in Adelaide in Port Noarlunga......head down about 6.30 ish and sit on the beach and watch the sun go down ........fanbloodytastic.....and dosen't cost a thing

Guest Guest75
It's cheaper to eat out. Hey, do it for breakfast too. 5-6 dollars for a McMuffin, Hash brown and coffee at McDonalds, same for a 6-inch bacon and egg sub and fab latte at Subway. Then you never have to cook at all, apart from on Saturdays, when it is obligatory to have a barbie. By the way, only men are allowed to cook the barbie in Australia - it's the law.

Have you got the chalk circle around the BBQ yet Bill ( means no girlies allowed apart from when they pass you beer or things to cook)

(Tyke ducks to miss all those thwacks around the ear hole):mad::mad:

my kind of cooking :jiggy:

It's much cheaper to eat out!!!!!

Guzzler

i knew there was a reason why i liked you! :cute: - keep telling me these nice things so i can show it to Ashley!!!

Hi suzi, Christies beach hotel and Port Noarlunga Hotel are both good places to start and pretty kid friendly, but just remember dont expect to walk into a uk style pub.......very different. The best fish and chips in Adelaide in Port Noarlunga......head down about 6.30 ish and sit on the beach and watch the sun go down ........fanbloodytastic.....and dosen't cost a thing

i guess we'll meet you there then?!? ;)

psssst, do they something else than fish? ashley doesn't like it :goofy:

• 4 months later...
Guest Django

Susi,

I was under the impression, from your visit here last year, that you ate out 3 times a day. Usually at McDonalds or similar. :P:biglaugh:

I'm a single, vegetarian lass. I'm screwed on the barbie front then aren't I??

There are clauses in the law to allow for such eventualities.;) When you get here give me a shout. It'll be nice to have a fellow veggie at a BBQ. :jiggy:

Pete

Guest Guest75
I'm a single, vegetarian lass. I'm screwed on the barbie front then aren't I?? :D

You might want to rephrase this :biglaugh:

We have the odd (some really are odd) vegetarians around.Easy to cater for and most times they will bring something.

Guest fuji70
You might want to rephrase this :biglaugh:

We have the odd (some really are odd) vegetarians around.Easy to cater for and most times they will bring something.

No point re-phrasing it. I will deal with it and ahem...move on.:cute:

I'm a single, vegetarian lass. I'm screwed on the barbie front then aren't I?? :D

Most definatly not! Im born and bred in Adelaide living in Edinburgh at the moment with my partner who is hoping to make the permanent move to Adelaide and i miss my barbies....

i love my meat but also cook up lots of veges, Corn on the cob is amazing on the barbie, capsicum (peppers), zucchini (cougettes), eggplant, thin sliced potatoes, tomato cut in half, Haloumi with lemon juice yummmmmm, i make chicken and fruit skewers but you could leave out the chicken.. use apple, pear, peach, plum, nectarine, pineapple.

Oh one word NOSTIMINI, made in Adelaide by the Gaganis Brothers its a mix of herbs and spices out some of that on your corn and capsicum before you cook it amazing! (also can be used on meat, a little on red meat or coat some chicken and fry delicious)

Nostimini.jpg

and barbies are not just about whats cooked on the barbie... we always have coleslaw, garden salad, caprese salad, beetroot, curry rice salad, potato salad, hot cheesy potato, bean salad the list is endless...

oh god i want to come home!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fuji70

I have nothing but poor experience of Aussie chips (and I'm not there yet, so I refuse to call them 'hot chips' in the interim)

Anywhere where they look and taste like the real thing?? i.e not french fries

Guest The Pickles

My husband is a veggie too, you can come round to ours for a veggie burger on the barbie!

Guest sandar1

Some great places to eat out are, The Astor Hotel on Pultney Street meals served from about 11.00 each day until 9.00 at night, great t-bones $10, all meals really well priced and huge, nice pub, very popular for functions. Lunch on Angas great breakfast from memory its about $8.00 for a full breakfast, and includes coffee. We have half price pizza in at The Rob Roy Hotel on Halifax Street, every Tuesday night and catch up with any new comers to town, if any of you are interested in joining us please let me know, it costs about $8 for a large gourmet pizza, beer a bit dear here but its a nice pub and the people who own it are great, they often have special nights, free barbqs occassionally and celebrate St. Andrews day etcetera. Half price lunches every day at Boho on Unley Road, worth a visit not only for the food but to check out the place, make sure you go upstairs. Best little bakery in town is Queen of Tarts, on Hutt Street in the city, open oly during the week from about 10.00 till about 3.00 I think Ginetto (think that is how you spell his name) makes the most amazing quiches, pies, and pizzas, and little pastries, just a small place, but soooo popular, and most of the food is coming out of the oven while you wait, not cheap, but worth every penny, and if you go there tell him Sandra sent you. Another good deal, lunch of a Sunday at the Snakecharmer restaurant also on Unley Road, great $20 buffet, my shop's next door take a peak in the window (I'm not there on Sunday). Well that lot should keep you all going for a while, let me know what you all think. And yes the men do cook the barbqs once we women have bought, prepared and marinated the meat, made all the salads, made the garlic bread, oh and yes at the end of it all we get to wash up, while they take all the glory. Where do we buy the spices made by Garganis can anyone tell me. Thanks yall.