Dare I put on a thread about this ...?

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Guest Guzzler&Sas

I was recently shopping for an event we are off to this weekend and was keen to buy something a bit special for my girls - 5 and 3 - in the way of clothes.

As I work in the city, thought I would pop into Myers .... never really been in there before (bit scarey as we have been here 2.5yrs!). The kids section is amazing - they have beautiful clothes and not as expensive as I thought. There was also a special offer on buy one, get the second 25% off.

I got the girls some beautiful cardigans and some stunning shoes .... in the shoe section the had Clarks, Guess, OshKosh etc ....

They have such a range of different clothes from all over the place - I even noticed Ladybird clothes ....

They had some stunning rash tops and swim wear that was the same price as Target - but the choice was much better.

Now as you know, I am no clothes snob and I have not commented on the other thread. But I just thought I would let you know .... not sure if Collandes Myers has as much choice as the city, but worth checking out.

Good luck and happy shopping! Think I need to get myself an outfit too now!

Sas

xxx

I used to love the Myers shop in Rundle Mall, but found the clothes a bit pricey so only used to buy anything in the sales!

I bought an expensive suit there (Australian made) half price in the sales back in 1995 and I still wear the jacket now :shocked: - really good quality and it's gone out and back in fashion in that time!

I love M&S too....:)

I was recently shopping for an event we are off to this weekend and was keen to buy something a bit special for my girls - 5 and 3 - in the way of clothes.

As I work in the city, thought I would pop into Myers .... never really been in there before (bit scarey as we have been here 2.5yrs!). The kids section is amazing - they have beautiful clothes and not as expensive as I thought. There was also a special offer on buy one, get the second 25% off.

I got the girls some beautiful cardigans and some stunning shoes .... in the shoe section the had Clarks, Guess, OshKosh etc ....

They have such a range of different clothes from all over the place - I even noticed Ladybird clothes ....

They had some stunning rash tops and swim wear that was the same price as Target - but the choice was much better.

Now as you know, I am no clothes snob and I have not commented on the other thread. But I just thought I would let you know .... not sure if Collandes Myers has as much choice as the city, but worth checking out.

Sas

xxx

Thanks Sarah, I'm off to Colonnades (how the hell DO you spell it???) on Wednesday so will have a look at what's there. I hardly ever go in there either, but it's got to be worth a look.

Thanks hon.

Sas

xxx

HEAPS GOOD <<<<<< puts his helmet on, digs a trench and waits............

Yes Myer in the Colonnades Have some lovely clothes, I tend to buy when the sales are on too as I find the prices too expensive. Mambo (in Myer) have a great range of clothes for boys especially as I find boys wear in a lot of shops quite boring. Always try to buy shoes for the boys in the sale and again have had plenty of bargains. There are some real bargains in Pumpkin Patch too esp at sale time. I have it on good authority that there are clothes in Target that are identical to clothes that were in Next recently too, just goes to show that those sweat shops make clothes for many outlets and just put in appropriate labels!

Lindsey

Guest Dave & Carole

I take it from this that you have Clarks then?! Ikea, M&S, Clarks and shops that sell clothes like Next.

Sad parent questions.

I'm all up for doing the Austalian thing - but knowing there are a few 'home' comforts makes the idea of leaving so much easier!

Can't believe that some of you never go in there :shocked:

I'm in there on a weekly basis topping up with different bits and bobs (not normally clothes but other items) Their prices aren't much more than anywhere else. Also if you get the Myer one card (loyalty card not the credit card) everytime you spend you get points and then when you reach a certain amount they send you a money off voucher. In between they also send you a booklet of vouchers normally more money off or up to 50 per cent off as a myer one customer even when there are no sales on at the time. Got a top of the range electric blanket priced at $150 for $60 with all my vouchers :jiggy:Might seem sad but hey it came in very useful this winter :biglaugh:

Guest Rob and Clare
Can't believe that some of you never go in there :shocked:

I'm in there on a weekly basis topping up with different bits and bobs (not normally clothes but other items) Their prices aren't much more than anywhere else. Also if you get the Myer one card (loyalty card not the credit card) everytime you spend you get points and then when you reach a certain amount they send you a money off voucher. In between they also send you a booklet of vouchers normally more money off or up to 50 per cent off as a myer one customer even when there are no sales on at the time. Got a top of the range electric blanket priced at $150 for $60 with all my vouchers :jiggy:Might seem sad but hey it came in very useful this winter :biglaugh:

We go into the city one quite a lot, and if you go in during the sales it can be quite in-expensive for clothing and home goods etc... We got our Plasma TV from Myer, it was the cheapest around (compared to JB HIFI, Good Guys, Truscotts etc) they gave us intererst free, free delivery and a free HD receiver, we also applied for the myer one card and got a $50 voucher.