Which is the best wildlife park - Cleland or Warrawong

Guest katieb

Guest katieb

Hi All,

Would like to take my parents who are visiting to a wildlife park so they can see all the traditional Australian animals and get a pic with a koala. Have been to Cleland Wildlife Park but have also been told that Warrawong is also good. Which one is better?

Thanks

Hi All,

Would like to take my parents who are visiting to a wildlife park so they can see all the traditional Australian animals and get a pic with a koala. Have been to Cleland Wildlife Park but have also been told that Warrawong is also good. Which one is better?

Thanks

Warrawong was a disappointment when we went i must say. Cleland or Gorge the best we have been to by far.

Guest Nick11

Deffo Cleland.

Warrawong is free, but only ever seen a couple of roos there in about 5 visits. The wildlife talk they give is great - lasts about an hour and you get to hold a lot of creatures - not for the faint hearted and costs only a couple of dollars. Once saw a koala there high up in a tree - but can't remember any phto opportunities there.

Just got back from cleland today.

Guest Kazzarazza

I would say the Gorge Wildife Park at Cudlee Creek, every time. Great park and a lovely drive up there. You could also include a winery visit or lunch in a country pub. Cleland is good, but very big (takes ages to walk around) and more expensive.

Guest Rob and Clare

Never been to Warrawong, but the drive upto Gorge is fantastic. The park itself is as good as clealand but we didn't like some of the pens with the non indiginous animals, they seemed small by modern standards. If you just go for the wallabies , Kangaroo's etc.. then it's great.

Guest graandjac

:nah:forget all the parks for a koala experence, you cant beat them in the wild......we have found a spot near the city that every time we have been there have seen 7-8 different koalas and most of the time they are less than 20 feet off the ground, will let you know;)

Guest SA Great
anyone been to deep creek?

Yes I have been there a few times. Really nice place and some great bush walks. VERY similar in flora and fauna to Kangaroo Island so don't waste your money on the ferry trip....just go to Deep Creek instead!!

The walk to the cove is a good one.

Guest stickman

We went to Gorge while on our visit - just because it was in Cudlee Creek and Lou wanted to cuddle a koala, lol. Had a good time there, but didn't find it particularly picturesque - more zoo than wildlife park. Nice to be able to walk through the wallaby and roo section though and get cup close and personal

The Cassowary had us in stiches generally going mad for 5 minutes, running around, shouting, jumping and kicking trees :goofy: Then it would calm down, and do it all over

Guest Guest75
anyone been to deep creek?

Yep,great place.

If you have a 4X4 you can get yourself down to Blowhole Beach.

DO NOT attempt in 4 X2!

There is a car park and then a short walk to a deserted beach - sometimes you are lucky and can get the place to yourself.

One of my absolute favourite places!

Gorge Wildlife park for me btw.:D