Going on a reccie.

Guest the terry's

Guest the terry's

Hi guys, can anyone recommend anywhere that a motorhome can stay at ie caravan parks, layby's etc. We're coming over for a month beginning of March starting off in Adelaide then driving the coastal route to Melbourne then across to Hobart, Tas.

Can anyone help, especially with places that are free or cheap to stay there.

p.s. I've done my bit and passed your website details on to anyone who is looking at migrating to Adelaide.

Helenx

Blimey Helen,

I thought you were already living it up in Melbourne:goofy: Can't help with where is best to park up for the night as I've not got as far as sorting out our camping marlarkey yet. Someone will no doubt be able to help.

Give me a shout when you are going to be here and we will arrange to meet up.

Pete

Guest the terry's

Hi Pete,

Yes we thought so too, but so is life. Can't sell house so doing the next best thing and validating.

They've made you a moderator, I hope they know what they've let themselves in for....only joking lol.

How's things with your family, all settled in then, does it meet your expectations?

Pete do you know what fish you can't catch to eat? Hubby can't wait to go fishing only he's been told there are certain fish you can't eat, looked at all the websites here in UK, useless. Any ideas or where to look would be fab.

Take care,

Helenx

Hi guys' date=' can anyone recommend anywhere that a motorhome can stay at ie caravan parks, layby's etc. We're coming over for a month beginning of March starting off in Adelaide then driving the coastal route to Melbourne then across to Hobart, Tas.

Can anyone help, especially with places that are free or cheap to stay there.

p.s. I've done my bit and passed your website details on to anyone who is looking at migrating to Adelaide.

Helenx[/quote']

hello the terrys, no expert im afraid,as we are still in uk ourselves,but we are validating visa ourselves end of march /april,unless house sells very very soon:nah:,in which case we will move over before validating date of june,anyway i posted on here asking for rentals/holiday homes and had a few replies,one of the replies led us to australia.shopsafe.com.au , we found loads of accomodation/campsites etc on there.might help you,worth a look anyway

Guest Guest75
Hi Pete' date='

Yes we thought so too, but so is life. Can't sell house so doing the next best thing and validating.

They've made you a moderator, I hope they know what they've let themselves in for....only joking lol.

How's things with your family, all settled in then, does it meet your expectations?

Pete do you know what fish you can't catch to eat? Hubby can't wait to go fishing only he's been told there are certain fish you can't eat, looked at all the websites here in UK, useless. Any ideas or where to look would be fab.

Take care,

Helenx[/quote']

Hi Helen ,sorry to but in on your conversation.

There are very few fish you cannot eat here - just some that you won't want to again!!

One or two are poisonous though.

Puffer Fish - no eat.

Flathead - great to eat but handle with towel as poisonous spines in gills.

If hubby wants to find out a lot more get him on.......... http://www.strikehook.com/

A local fishing forum,great and helpful blokes.You'll see me in there - have some good banter.:biglaugh:

Fishing???? I know how to play the card game 'go fish' if that helps.:biglaugh: I was going to say you need to get hold of Russell but I knew he would find a fishing post. ;)

As for the moderator position. It just goes to show how long you've not been on here.:biglaugh:

We are well settled and the place as exceeded expectations. We are happy, kids are happy, weather is fabby, locals are friendly, beaches are like wow, hills have amazing views and financially we are better off. Love it.:v_SPIN:

Pete

Guest Guest75

We are well settled and the place as exceeded expectations. We are happy, kids are happy, weather is fabby, locals are friendly, beaches are like wow, hills have amazing views and financially we are better off. Love it.:v_SPIN:

Pete

That is sooooo good to read ;)

Guest graandjac

:DA great site to stay at is in Robe (Long Beach Caravan Site) ,its about 4.5 hours from Adelaide so a good place to stop on your first few nights, The beach is out of this world, a great high street with cafes and shops. A nice marina to wander around......just in case one NOT to stay in is Salt Creek caravan park........nothing for 2 hours each way and not alot at the park.....in fact we were the only ones there:shocked:

Guest the terry's
hello the terrys, no expert im afraid,as we are still in uk ourselves,but we are validating visa ourselves end of march /april,unless house sells very very soon:nah:,in which case we will move over before validating date of june,anyway i posted on here asking for rentals/holiday homes and had a few replies,one of the replies led us to australia.shopsafe.com.au , we found loads of accomodation/campsites etc on there.might help you,worth a look anyway

Thanks guys will give it a go. Hx

Guest the terry's
Hi Helen ,sorry to but in on your conversation.

There are very few fish you cannot eat here - just some that you won't want to again!!

One or two are poisonous though.

Puffer Fish - no eat.

Flathead - great to eat but handle with towel as poisonous spines in gills.

If hubby wants to find out a lot more get him on.......... http://www.strikehook.com/

A local fishing forum,great and helpful blokes.You'll see me in there - have some good banter.:biglaugh:

Thanks Tyke hubby will be pleased. Hx

Guest the terry's
Fishing???? I know how to play the card game 'go fish' if that helps.:biglaugh: I was going to say you need to get hold of Russell but I knew he would find a fishing post. ;)

As for the moderator position. It just goes to show how long you've not been on here.:biglaugh:

Pete

I know it's been a while, forgive me ? Can I ask how you solved your house problem in the end? Is Mozzy in Oz yet? Hx

Guest the terry's
:DA great site to stay at is in Robe (Long Beach Caravan Site) ,its about 4.5 hours from Adelaide so a good place to stop on your first few nights, The beach is out of this world, a great high street with cafes and shops. A nice marina to wander around......just in case one NOT to stay in is Salt Creek caravan park........nothing for 2 hours each way and not alot at the park.....in fact we were the only ones there:shocked:

Thanks guys will take a look.:notworthy: Hx

I know it's been a while' date=' forgive me ? Can I ask how you solved your house problem in the end? Is Mozzy in Oz yet? Hx[/quote']

Susi and Ashley were over here in November to validate and we rented our house out.

And NO:p:p:biglaugh:

Pete