Shopping without shoes!

Guest ReadyPenny

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

Do people in Adelaide really go shopping without shoes? Have any of you ever witnessed this or, even worse, done it yourself??

Just wondering whether to ditch the shoe collection as I have heard they will be unnecessary when we arrive :biglaugh:

Mandy

Guest katsmajic

:o Its not common place - every ones not doing it but yes it is quite normal to see the odd person out and about without shoes...

my lil lad is always barefoot and will go anywhere barefoot if we let him - to the point we're having to tell him off alot now to wear shoes as his lil feet are getting really hard to get clean!!!

Guest ReadyPenny

Shushsssss Dont let my hubby see this, he will make me ditch the shoes for defo!! Will bring half of them then! Dont want to stand out from the crowd. Maybe the hat with corks will be a giveaway though LOL

Thanks for reply

Hi here

My hubby is South Africanand he never wore shoes there. I think its one of the things he looks forward to in Oz. He even drive bare foot :goofy:(which I keep saying I am sure you can't do in the UK )

He even drive bare foot :goofy:(which I keep saying I am sure you can't do in the UK )

I used to drive bare footed all the time in the UK. Found it far more comfortable. I do it here a lot too. Especially when driving onto a beach I leave the shoes in the house. One less thing to get covered in sand. ;)

Pete

Never noticed anyone walking around barefoot in Adelaide, but we had a family living here in England from Queensland. The 2 boys (5 and 8) used to ride their bikes around all the time with bare feet, and the Mum who was brought up way out in the middle of nowhere said she never wore shoes when she was a child.

Still, if you haven't got shoes on you won't be let in the pub - No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service ! :)

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi here

My hubby is South Africanand he never wore shoes there. I think its one of the things he looks forward to in Oz. He even drive bare foot :goofy:(which I keep saying I am sure you can't do in the UK )

It is illegal to drive bare foot here too apparently:policeman:!

Guest Rob and Clare

It's illegal to drive in thongs too... Not sure how well that's policed though, maybe if they pull you over and can't find anything else then they do you for your flip flops.....

I think it's really ferral walking round public streets without shoes, these people's feet are as black as anything, so i guess there's no toe sucking in the bedroom... ha ha... I saw a young girl in the lift at glenelg car park in a very smart satin dress, shoesless, and the lift smelt like all lifts do....like a toilet.... it just made me gag to think she was walking in it....

It's illegal to drive in thongs too... Not sure how well that's policed though, maybe if they pull you over and can't find anything else then they do you for your flip flops.....

I think it's really ferral walking round public streets without shoes, these people's feet are as black as anything, so i guess there's no toe sucking in the bedroom... ha ha... I saw a young girl in the lift at glenelg car park in a very smart satin dress, shoesless, and the lift smelt like all lifts do....like a toilet.... it just made me gag to think she was walking in it....

I didn't know it was illegal to drive in thongs! Crikey, I've been breaking the law since the day I got here!

Guest Rob and Clare

Just got me double checking.... Checked the SA transport website and it says no thongs, bare feet, clogs or shoes without heel support...

We all do it though from time to time. We are all law breakers.....

my husband doesnt wear any shoes whilst driving and will run into petrol station to pay with none on ! i will run along to neighbours house to find my son with no shoes on but i would never personally go through the colonades (large shopping centre)with none on but ive took my little boy to coles (grocery store) with him barefoot - he was like a proper little aussie !

i do look at my really nice high heels and think when am i going to wear them again as even on a night out i wore my thongs - cant wait to get a job interview !!!

Guest Jamie&Carrie

You don't wanna be walking around barefoot anywhere but maybe the beach or park!

I'm living in the CBD and the amount of broken bottles I find up near the law courts (South End of Victoria Sq) is crazy. It's normally just shards but its just as dangerous. When I'm wearing thongs walking through the city the amount of times I've picked up stones/gravel or bits of tree/branches as the thong flicks up against your heel (acts like a big scoop!) is annoying so I have to keep stopping to shake em out, well you can imagine that it could happen with glass to! Except this time I'd be shaking em out at RAH!

So, leave the barefoot'edness to the bogans and feral alike. :nah:

Guest Kazzarazza

I don't think you see too many people walking barefoot around the streets, as such, but you do in the shopping malls. I would imagine they drive there, run in and the cold air-conditioned tiled floors would feel very refreshing on a 40 degree day. Can't say I've ever done it myself though!!

• 2 weeks later...