Trivial Q but I need to Know!

Guest ReadyPenny

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

Can someone please tell me what the emergency number is in Oz please? Just in case, you know!!!!! I don't suppose 999 will help me much there will it?

cheers

Mandy

Guest cunnah10
Hi Guys

Can someone please tell me what the emergency number is in Oz please? Just in case, you know!!!!! I don't suppose 999 will help me much there will it?

cheers

Mandy

Hi Mandy....make a note..it is ....000 (3 ZEROS)

Guest panther
Hi Guys

cheers

Mandy

Wow not in Aussie yet and needs the emergency number people i know have lived in Australia all their life and never needed it.

000 is the number:notworthy:

"Accomodation in Marino near the sea with sea views"

Panther

Guest the4hopes
Hi Guys

cheers

Mandy

Really good question. Something we don't always think of!

Laura x

Hi,

I dialed it a few weeks ago, my 3yr old went missing ! All sorts went through our mind's for the 20 mins while she was gone, the police turned up and out she popped, she was hiding down the side of a house about 5 doors down. She must have heard us shouting her name, never done anything like this before and all strange, we were in the middle off moving/cleaning rental house and not watching her as we should have been. She still asks when we are going back to her 'real' home ?

Anyway the 1st police man/car had to radio through as he said 10 other patrol cars were on on the way, a 2nd one turned up. They were really good and just happy we had her.

Hope we never have to dial 000 again.

Tina

Guest ReadyPenny
Wow not in Aussie yet and needs the emergency number people i know have lived in Australia all their life and never needed it.

000 is the number:notworthy:

"Accomodation in Marino near the sea with sea views"

Panther

Panther

Everything has gone so smoothly for us with this whole life changing experience I just need to cover all eventualities!!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest panther
Panther

Everything has gone so smoothly for us with this whole life changing experience I just need to cover all eventualities!!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

I believe the most important piece of advice i can give is get yourself and family covered with St John Ambulance, coverage can be obtained at any Post Office or Chemist. That is a must as the cost of transportation to hospital is very costly.

My brother was flown by air ambulance and he had to pay several thousand dollars.:notworthy:

Guest ReadyPenny

Thanks all, you are truly a wonderful source of useful information! You will have to go into hiding next week when we arrive, I will harass you to death about all sorts of rubbish!!!!!

Mandy

Guest panther
Thanks all, you are truly a wonderful source of useful information! You will have to go into hiding next week when we arrive, I will harass you to death about all sorts of rubbish!!!!!

Mandy

we will all go into hiding do have to look out for the pink car?

She still asks when we are going back to her 'real' home ?

Tina

Kids are like that. We moved house when my son was 2 years and 9 months. For years he kept asking when we were going to move back to our old house 'the house with the yellow door' as he called it. I was talking with him about this a few months ago, and he quite seriously came up with the idea that if that house if ever came up for sale we could buy it and move back there. He is now 9 and we have lived in this house for nearly 7 years !!! :wacko:

Guest stufi1997

you can use 112 or 000 from a mobile and apparently 911 is going to be operational very soon, if not already, they're gonna add it to the aussie emergency numbers because of the tv....they've found most kids know 911

A bit off track but it just triggered a memory of our friends in the uk...our friend asked his 7 year old son what he would call if there was an emergency when he was staying with his elderly granny, you know if she fell over or something...without any hesitation he came up with this random number which had Keith panicking thinking oh my god, thank goodness there's never been an accident and told him "No, you call 999" He promptly answered his dad singing the jingle from the accident helpline insurance saying "if you've had a trip or a fall anywhere, we can help......hahaha, he had the number right too, the innocence of kids eh