How good are wine tours!

Guest soneill

Guest soneill

Something that we can't really do in old blightly. Kate and I went out with some friends in a mini bus to the Adelaide hills.

Tastings are free (and the selection of wine vast in each winery) and you don't have to worry about driving home. A great day out!

I would recommend to all fellow Poms.

We used this site to find our wine tour http://www.winetoursdownunder.com.au

:v_SPIN:

I did one last September up to Barossa, it was in a huge coach - driver's name was Bram. They used the Sealink coaches and eventually stopped off at the (new) Bus Station.

The name escapes me (I didn't organise the trip), but it was booked through the TourismSA office on King William Street. If you ask around, they should be able to tell you which one it was, they went and did Langmeil, Wolf Blass, Penfolds (from memory).

I can certainly recommend that, and Bram was great. He took us on a really good route (Gorge Road was closed that day) and talked a lot about the history, some stuff that even I didn't know (which is saying something).

Guest graandjac
There is a great guy Gavin, who drives a mini bus and does wine tours, pm me for his number if you like!

There is no point in SSP answering this one as she can never remember.....lol:p, but i guess that means there all good..!!!!

Guest Guest75

We went wine tasting by Camel in McLaren Vale a few years ago.

Not sure if they still do it but it's organised from the Camel Farm on the road after McLaren Flat.

The weather has to be perfect though - and make sure you don't suffer sea sickness!!!:wacko::wacko: