Dolphin Cruise

julie-ruth

We've done it a gew times over the years. The best place to stand is at the front somewhere, we usually go up the top, but last time we went there were dolphins swimming along off the front of the boat and the people downstairs were literally just above them. I would advise getting in the boarding queue quite early so you can pick the best place to sit on board. It's well worth the few dollars fare, and there is interesting commentary while you cruise up and down the river. You can order food while on the boat, but I can't comment on what it's like cos I've never bothered to do that. I think it's 'something with chips' mostly. I'm pretty sure there's a bar, and of course there are loos on board, and also the last time we went I noticed there was an onboard lift for disabled access.

Beware that you can get VERY sunburnt on the boats, so sunscreen and a hat are really necessary.

Guest Wersal Gummage

We did it a couple of years ago and only saw one Dolphin and that was just as we were docking back at port after the cruise. It was jumping in the wave of another ship going in the other direction.

Disappointing yes, but it was a Nice cruise and very cheap.

I'd go on the dearer one that goes a bit further out if I were you, that would give you a bit more chance of seeing some.

Although we only see the one lonely Dolphin, I have spoke to other people that have seen Quite a few, so I think its luck of the draw.

Same goes for were to stand I think, when the dolphin appeared on our cruise it was like one huge surge of people trying to look, it's a wonder the boat didn't tip over:v_SPIN:

(that was a Joke By the way);)

Hi been a couple of times, 1st time did not see anything but went a couple of months ago and saw 2...if you book the cruise and lunch then you get a table below deck, handy just to leave your stuff...they now have a shade for the top deck so no more burnt heads...for $14 i highly recommend it..enjoy your cruise :)..

Jo

p.s we always book over the phone cos sometimes theres big groups turn up and you wont get on...:)

Hi just been on our Dolphine River Cruise and what a great day out, we saw lots of dolphin's and there was some swimming of the back of the boat when we got back into port and just hung around, so I flattened my phone filming them, the food was basic fish and chips, sausage and chips, chicken and chips (get the picture) but it was a really relaxing day out and really cheap too.

Julie