Is it possible

sueoc

Is it possible to drive around suburban Adelaide below the designated speed limit,at your leisure,without a lunatic ramming up behind you within a tenth of a nano second?Also,whats with the traffic light system here?the right turn arrow turns to red again before youve even got across the road.I must have spent a month at the lights in the last week!Stressful is what it is,Yup.

those turn right arrows..... you have to move out into the intersection and wait for oncoming traffic to be stopped by their red light and because you are in the intersection all other traffic will have to wait for you to exit if you are in the way. Just ignore the people who drive up your rear end, if they want to speed let em overtake...they'll eventually get their comeuppance or at the very least you'll have the joy of pulling up beside them at the next light :biglaugh:

Guest SA Great
Is it possible to drive around suburban Adelaide below the designated speed limit,at your leisure,without a lunatic ramming up behind you within a tenth of a nano second?Also,whats with the traffic light system here?the right turn arrow turns to red again before youve even got across the road.I must have spent a month at the lights in the last week!Stressful is what it is,Yup.

Anything else wrong??

Guest LordLucan
Or me! the speed limit is sooooo slow I like to drive at the speed limit not under it!!!:biglaugh:

Hear hear! The roads are quite long enough without people tootling round like old grannies. If you don't want to do the speed limit, let those of who do overtake. Hey, where's that policeman icon when I need it?

For those of you new to Adelaide, just be aware that with the Clipsal500, the standard of native Adelaidean's driving will become substantially worse for the temporary four day period - as everyone believes they are the next Mark Skaife and will drive accordingly (bumper to bumper).

A few years ago, I had a great laugh on Status Quo's website - Rhino's blog of Australia, and he specifically said about Adelaide that "people don't know how to drive here !".

Creased myself laughing, because it is a standing joke amongst Adelaideans here and interstate visitors that, from their POV, people in MEL and SYD actually let you in, because they realise that if they don't, no one will get anywhere.