Where would you live if you're single??

Guest fuji70

Guest fuji70

First off, the PIA forum is so much better than the Poms in Oz which is soooo negative, so thanks for that!

I've been offered a shot at regional sponsorship for SA, and I'll aim to make that Adelaide as I'm a city lass here in the UK and near to be near some life.

Problem is, friends and family who have been to Adelaide didn't like it and settled in Perth instead (I know!). They reckoned Adelaide was too quiet and provincial.

I accept that everything's an opinion, but I'm just curious as to where people would suggest for a 'non-family' orientated bod to live in Adelaide.

At 38 my clubbing days are well and truly behind me, but I do love putting the world to rights over a few beers, walking to a local cafe for Sunday brunch and the papers etc. So where would people suggest for that kind of lifestyle??

I've already had Glenelg suggested to me which I'll look into.

Any answers appreciated. :cute:

Jo

id also say glenelg, or norwood if your not bothered about being near the beach. But personally i love glenelg, i often sit by the marina having a coffee during my round (if i have time)) or eat by lunch dow the beach. I love jetty road, its lovely and busy, but in a good way, most people you see for days and days here lol. The apartments down by wrigley reserve are amazing, have a few patients i seein them and the views are fantastic, but they arent cheap. Lots of housing in glenelg though. Good luck xx

Guest sandar1

Henley Beach also a good location Baccus bar is pretty good, some great restaurants and places to have coffee and watch the sunset, and good pubs. Brighton has some great cafes, train runs through there so easy to walk to and you can therefore catch train into town if you want to have a drink and travel safely. Central Market area does have some great restaurants, but as I live in the city and have had a business in the Central Market area, I feel it probably is not a safe area to live in for a single woman these days. North Adelaide is nice but a bit pricey but great to walk around and lots of night life. Few good music venues for people who are not 16 still. Adelaide city itself can be quiet on the weekend surprisingly, I moved into the city thinking it would be like other major cities I have lived in, bit disappointed there. Give some thought as to where you will be working, having spent hours travelling around this past week in ghastly traffic it is nice to be able to walk to work. Living in the city I hardly drive my car at all, keeps me fit and saves on money and time. If you are into the music scene there are a lot of different venues in the city to go to and you can basically keep yourself occupied most nights of the week, when you get here try out the Grace Emily Hotel in the city, interesting little pub, lots of people in your age group go there. I have posted before they have a great open mike night Mondays around 9.30 terrific entertainment for free. Hope you enjoy it here.

Guest soggy
But Norwood is good too and also semaphore has lots of little cafes. King William Road and Unley road areas are good too and then the re is the city centre itself, near the central market.

lots of cafes, bars, shops ect in North Adelaide too, close to the city, Glenelg is a bit touristy (for Adelaide) for me but if you like to be near the sea...........

Simon

Guest SA Great

Yep Glenelg for me as well. Plenty of night life, tram to the city and a great beach. Also Henley Beach. There is a bit of a "city living" drive over here at the moment. Heaps of apartments to buy or rent.....could be another option.