Things to do in the rain?

Guest thebaddeleys

Guest thebaddeleys

Hi All,

I know Australia is a fantastic place and has lots of FREE things to do when the sun shines, but what do we do when it rains here? It would be great if you could let me know child friendly places/things to do when it rains (apart from swimming- thats the only one I can think of ha ha).

Thanks in advance

Kerry x x x

x:cute:

Guest Bakers

We have had this discussion with friends ourselves lately & have been told ice-skating & bowling at Noarlunga & apparently they do roller skating on a sunday through winter but this will be a great thread for all the parents with energetic kids so hopefully lots of people reply :)

Guest SA Great

Thats if we are lucky enough to ever get any rain!!!! Anyway, Beachhouse at Glenelg (heated water slides!!). Maritime Museum at the Port. Snow dome (or whatever its called these days) at Thebarton. Wineries(for the adults!). Aquatic Centre. Ten Pin bowling. Apparently there is some indoor rock climbing thingy somewhere. Intencity at Marion. Indoor golf at the Tap Inn. Various museums. And one for the adults.........the pub.

Guest Libby1971

And a plastic backed rug, the same plastic cover you used as a sunshade and a big picnic. No flies this time and wait for the sun to come out and the rainbow that follows...cheesey but so beautiful

If we get any decent rain, the walk up to Morialta Falls is great - actually it's great whatever the weather but obviously the water falls look a bit nicer when they're wet! Oh, and if you don't park in the paying car park, it's free as well :-) We've been up there in a light drizzle and it's beautiful.

Guest SA Great
hmmm.. the snow dome looks quite good, think we will go and check it out tomorrow!

The Snow dome used to have an indoor snow ski ramp which was brilliant but unfortunately it closed down approx. 5 years ago and is now just ice skating. Still good fun though. By the way....it's now called the Ice Arena according to their website. Have Fun!!!

Guest Trakki

This may sound lame but my kids love it and we did it today. We have a totally in house family day. We either play board games of get a DVD, make some pop corn, snuggle up on the sofa and watch the DVD.

My kids love this and it is such a change as when it is nice we are out and about all the time. We used to do this in ENgland and they enjoy it here, especially as it isn't that often, makes it more special

Sorry, doesn't really answer your thread but thats what we do.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SA Great
Just thought I'd mention in the North of Adelaide there is a place that does Lazer shoot outs it also does go-karting for adults, I drive past it every time i go to the city.

Julie

Good thinking Julie.....I forgot about indoor Go Karts. There is a pretty good one at Richmond. Also there is another indoor track at Gepps Cross.

Good thinking Julie.....I forgot about indoor Go Karts. There is a pretty good one at Richmond. Also there is another indoor track at Gepps Cross.

Gepps Cross is the one I was thinking of, they have social avents through hubby's work there we keep missing out as it gets booked up really quickly, Go-karts and Lazer shoot out's don't know how much it cost though. Sounds like a lot of fun

Julie