We have scorpions too!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

:biglaugh:

Not trying to put anyone off coming here - but here at Tyke Towers we do see a fair bit of wild life.

Some welcome and ermmm some not.

We even see the odd scorpion in the house,small but perfectly formed.No bigger than a 10c piece.

They will sting but apparently similar to a bee sting.

We do tend to walk in bare feet at home as well.......:arghh:

Into the dust pan they go......

Image032.jpg

Image033.jpg

Well we have been here near 5 months and only seen 1 redback in our shed, a few house spiders. Oh and a kangaroo bouncing along our street early one morning. So all in all for us not seen too many scary or dangerous things (thankfully), oh and there was the time at Christies Beach where we had to clear the water as the plane sounded a siren for a shark alert, so all in all quite good really :err:

Guest graandjac

:biglaugh:Loads of badies everywhere, our fellow mate guzzler has heaps of scorpions in the house ......and his little ruby got a little nip of one the other day but nothing to worry about as there not posionus.

We have had a number of white tip spiders in the house and 1 very large red tip spider living in the brick of our house (insect sprays and hand hovers have come in very handy) but I didn't realise I had to look out for scorpians too, omg creepy crawly's give me the creeps, do the sprays work on them too?

Julie

Guest Guest75
We have had a number of white tip spiders in the house and 1 very large red tip spider living in the brick of our house (insect sprays and hand hovers have come in very handy) but I didn't realise I had to look out for scorpians too, omg creepy crawly's give me the creeps, do the sprays work on them too?

Julie

Dunno about sprays.

They are fairly crunchy so we use the dustpan & brush and let em' go swimming at the sewage farm;)

"Red tip" spiders???? ....Red backs??????