Anyone been to Rawnsley Park Station??

Guest Fancy a Beer

Guest Fancy a Beer

Just wondered if anyone been to Rawnsley Park we are off there for Easter and really looking forward to it, wondered if anyone been before had any tips, ideas, thoughts etc Any good 4 x 4 tracks you found etc etc etc

Hi,

I haven't been to Rawnsley Park but have spent quite a bit of time in the Flinders. My husband went to Rawnsley Park about 14 years ago and stayed in the caravan park. Has probably changed a lot since then, he says its a lovely spot. The Flinders Ranges are spectacular, so I'm sure you will have a great time. There are so many places to visit, Quorn, Wilpena, Blinman, Parachilna (and their associated pubs!). Just take it easy, you can always go back and explore more another time. Watch out for kangaroos and euros after dusk (if you are driving).

Make sure you take some warm clothes as it can get really cold at night at Easter time.

Guest SA Great
Just wondered if anyone been to Rawnsley Park we are off there for Easter and really looking forward to it, wondered if anyone been before had any tips, ideas, thoughts etc Any good 4 x 4 tracks you found etc etc etc

Rawnsley Park is a great place to stay......good choice!! Great views of the flinders, horse riding and NO dirt roads to get to it.

Yes we went there for the holiday weekend at the start of the month and loved it. Great place to chill and explore as its like the land where time forgot. There are 4x4 tracks but your best bet would be to go to Wilpena Pound info centre to find out exactly where but theres lots of off road scenic routes which we did which are all unmade and great fun to drive on.

Good in the evening aswell as its the only place we have been to so far where you can have a camp bonfire (unless total fire ban ) and great for the kids to toast their marshmallows. (available from the shop )

Guest Fancy a Beer
Yes we went there for the holiday weekend at the start of the month and loved it. Great place to chill and explore as its like the land where time forgot. There are 4x4 tracks but your best bet would be to go to Wilpena Pound info centre to find out exactly where but theres lots of off road scenic routes which we did which are all unmade and great fun to drive on.

Good in the evening aswell as its the only place we have been to so far where you can have a camp bonfire (unless total fire ban ) and great for the kids to toast their marshmallows. (available from the shop )

We went to Quorn last Easter and loved the Flinders so hence our return, the park looks great, we love 4x4ing so looking forward to doing that there to! Will remember to take the Marshmallows to the kids will love that!! ;)

• 6 months later...

Just returned from Rawnsley Park Station, thoroughly enjoyed our stay. They no longer do horse riding there, but it looks like there might be hot air ballooning coming soon. It was very cold up there at night but we were in a cabin that had a gas heater so it was fine!

We highly recommend going on a guided 4WD day tour through Rawnsley. We had a super day out with Allan, who was very informative and went out of his way to make our day one to remember.

Guest Fancy a Beer

We loved it up there to, so much so there are about 48 of us going back this Easter for a big camping 4 x 4 trip!! Its really warm still at Easter best time of the year to go if you ask me not to hot not to cold!! Rawnsley is so much better than Wilpena Pound which we looked at and thought looked really crowded!

Highly recommend to all 4 x 4ers and Campers!!

Were the Ranges full of Poms last week? We too are just back.

Rawnsley was fab, and bitumen roads all the way. We stayed in a two-bed unit. This was typical Aussie-style - small but really clean and quite old fittings. The bed was good and bedding warm. The heater worked and we needed it too!

The scenery is spectacular.

The campsite looked good, but with few facilities. Personally I don't do caravanning and the site looked a bit like a refugee camp to me. Petrol cheaper than at Arkaroola or Wilpena.

Next time we will give the Eco Lodges a go. They looked great.

The Woolshed Restaurant was one of the highlights of our trip. Extraordinary food quality for the location (miles from anywhere) and not too bad on the wallet considering.

N

Guest Guest75
Were the Ranges full of Poms last week? We too are just back.

Rawnsley was fab, and bitumen roads all the way. We stayed in a two-bed unit. This was typical Aussie-style - small but really clean and quite old fittings. The bed was good and bedding warm. The heater worked and we needed it too!

The scenery is spectacular.

The campsite looked good, but with few facilities. Personally I don't do caravanning and the site looked a bit like a refugee camp to me. Petrol cheaper than at Arkaroola or Wilpena.

Next time we will give the Eco Lodges a go. They looked great.

The Woolshed Restaurant was one of the highlights of our trip. Extraordinary food quality for the location (miles from anywhere) and not too bad on the wallet considering.

N

:biglaugh:

Looks like it!!!

We stopped a bit further back in the "civilisation" of Quorn.

Great pub called the Austral Inn.

Next time we'll be stopping in Blinman I reckon.

• 3 weeks later...