Days out at Easter

Just been to a parents coffee mornings (mothers meeting) and I was sat there asking lots of questions about where to take the children over the Easter Break that doesn't cost lots and I thought I'd share them with you.

First one was Whispering Wall at Williamstown, apparently great fun to call across to each other from each side and its free.

Minato's is apparently the best zoo.

St Kilda has an amazing park with a ship wreck or something great kids play area.

The Bunyip at Murray Bridge is apparently an hoot.

I personally haven't been to any of these yet just some opinions from other mums at the school, anyone else have suggestions?

Julie

Guest nishman

To add - just had a email newlsetter from the zoo. Both Monarto and the zoo in the city have special events going on over the Easter hols. Haiges chocolate easter eggs where mentioned...

The dolphin cruise at Port Adelaide is also well worth the $4 a head - especially with all the young dolphins born this year.

Guest nishman
Just interested what is there to do down the south is there good parks/activitiy places to go, we've been to Hallett cove beach (love this beach reminds me of the beaches in England down south) but wouldn't mind doing a bit more exploring down south and south-east.

Julie

There's beautiful beaches from Noarlunga/Christies down to Normaville dahn sahf. Moana's not bad ;)

Normanville is probably around 2hrs or so from Wynn Vale. Some spectacular views from South Road as you round the hill after Myponga when heading back north.

Heading due south, the the area of Encounter Bay at Victor is beautiful (Horse Shoe / Lady Bay at Pt Elliot is a personnal favourite, with a "sheltered" cove that get's a reduced version of the surf at the neighbouring Middleton beach - great for boogie boarding:jiggy:).

Further down, Goolwa is a great expanse of sand with some rugged sea. Haven't been down for a year, I understand sitting at one of the cafes next to the Murray may not be as picturesque as it was once due to the dwindling water levels...:unsure: