Area's South of CBD

Guest louiswaring@hotmail.co.uk

Guest louiswaring@hotmail.co.uk

Hi

We are flying at the end of April, and have a 3 week rental at Sheidow park.

However my future employer has told me my work area will be South of CBD, and not North as earlier planned. As we have done all our research and planning looking towards Golden Grove or generally the North East area.

I don't think we could go as far as Aldinga (Fuel bills!), but are there any area's to specifically avoid or head towards. Any info on general lifestyle, schools, etc would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Guest sandar1

Sheidow Park is a good start, if your husband is going to be working in the Southern areas, Hallet Cove is also a lovely area, Golden Grove and surrounding areas if he is working South is way too far away. Try to find out exactly where in the South he will be working, what type of work is he going to be doing, is he going to the same place each day, or is he going to be on the road. If on the road it may not matter quite as much whether you are in the south near ther ocean or up in the hills area, quote another post once you have a better fix and I guess we will all reply to that. Do you have kids and do you want to be near the beach that makes a difference too.

All the best.

Sandra D

Guest sandar1

Sheidow Park is South and generally that area is really nice but there's south and really south, forget Golden Grove area if he is working south you will spend half your life driving otherwise, traffic here is horrible. There are some beautiful areas south of Adelaide, Hallett Cove is nice, Seaview Downs, do you have kids and want to be near the ocean. Happy Valley, and Woodcroft are great, you may want to wait till you get here to look though. Whenever I have bought a place around the world I would pick a spot and drive to where ever I worked during the rush hour and return during the evening rush hour to see what the commute was like. If you have kids that makes a difference too with schools etcetera.

Guest Chelseadownunder

We are in Hallet Cove. Kids are at R12 school and love it. We have found teachers good. Toddler in Kindy and thats been good too. The train line runs out here with two stations which is easy to get into the city and the tram is just outside the city station so transport is good if you can live near a station. Its a bit "Clunky" as the locals say but its okay. We are as far out of the CPD that we would want to be now weve been here some time. Lovely place to live. Coles (Like Tesco/Asda) is not far away or you have foodland nearby but its a bit pricy. Nice breaze gives a bit of releif on the hotter days. Hope this helps you.

I hope Adalaide is a good move. We love it.

Steve

Guest LordLucan
We are in Hallet Cove. Kids are at R12 school and love it. We have found teachers good. Toddler in Kindy and thats been good too. The train line runs out here with two stations which is easy to get into the city and the tram is just outside the city station so transport is good if you can live near a station. Its a bit "Clunky" as the locals say but its okay. We are as far out of the CPD that we would want to be now weve been here some time. Lovely place to live. Coles (Like Tesco/Asda) is not far away or you have foodland nearby but its a bit pricy. Nice breaze gives a bit of releif on the hotter days. Hope this helps you.

I hope Adalaide is a good move. We love it.

Steve

Steve, you could sell Hallett Cove a lot better than that! What about "Drive into Hallett Cove via Grand Central Avenue, The Cove Road, Barramundi Drive or Perry Barr Road, and be amazed by fantastic sea views that most of us can afford". How many places in the world can boast that?

What does "Clunky" mean? Go on, tell me, PM if you prefer!

Guest Chelseadownunder

I think it just means something like not smooth. Your limited by train times and switching to trams and its just all a bit ........Clunky......LoL I dont know it just seems to discribe the trip when you do it. They trains rattle about a bit and when I got on for the first time I thought "Hey is some one actually listening to whale music on their IPod" only to later sus out that its the sound of the train. Maybe they are just a little old and knackered like me Lol

Steve

Guest mtreen
Hi

We are flying at the end of April, and have a 3 week rental at Sheidow park.

However my future employer has told me my work area will be South of CBD, and not North as earlier planned. As we have done all our research and planning looking towards Golden Grove or generally the North East area.

I don't think we could go as far as Aldinga (Fuel bills!), but are there any area's to specifically avoid or head towards. Any info on general lifestyle, schools, etc would be appreciated.

Many thanks

aldinga is not far from sheidow park. You will enjoy the south more than the North anyway, because the beaches are down this way. Seaford, Port Noarlunga, Morphett Vale are the places to go to if you can. That is my opinion anyway. Seaford has a Primary school and Catholic School ( All Saints ) plus they have a high school. There is a new shopping centre and many fast food places.hope this helps you