OMG The shops are shut

Title says it all its Good Friday thought I'd do the weekly grocery shop today when we went out everywhere was shut we were fortunate to find a small Foodland for the essentials we had run out of milk and bread and something to eat for tea, can someone tell me what days the shops shut in Adelaide in the future so I can write them down on the Calender.

Julie

Guest Devon
Title says it all its Good Friday thought I'd do the weekly grocery shop today when we went out everywhere was shut we were fortunate to find a small Foodland for the essentials we had run out of milk and bread and something to eat for tea, can someone tell me what days the shops shut in Adelaide in the future so I can write them down on the Calender.

Julie

Thank Goodness :jiggy: Need a day off sometimes. The major shopping centres are normally closed on a public holiday. You will find most are also closed on Sunday and Monday this week as well - so best to check before you go

Sorry wasn't meaning to sound rude, just excited at having three days off this week!

Local IGA's are sometimes open, give them a try.

Don't forget your Hot Cross Buns. I made a special trip down to Glenelg to The Orange Spot Bakery for a dozen of Hot Cross Buns, the best in Adelaide, its official!!

(the lengths a pregnant woman will go to....:biglaugh:)

J x

Guest katsmajic

Its bliss that vertually everywhere is closed today - a proper lazy day off work where i dont have to run round.

Most places/shops are closed Sun & Mon too - make the most of your time off.

Guest Guest75
Its bliss that vertually everywhere is closed today - a proper lazy day off work where i dont have to run round.

Most places/shops are closed Sun & Mon too - make the most of your time off.

Good job the hospitals are open 24/7 though!!!;)

Must admit that I love the old fashioned traditionalism of closing on holidays.:notworthy:

Guest LordLucan
Good job the hospitals are open 24/7 though!!!;)

Must admit that I love the old fashioned traditionalism of closing on holidays.:notworthy:

Agree totally. I believe that the shops should shut for the whole Easter weekend and let as many people as possible get away or just chill for a few days. I know it's backward, and I love it.