Woodcroft?

Guest Lulujim

Guest Lulujim

Hi guys,

Well we're finally here - must update my signature after 16 months - yeh! :)

Anyway, we're viewing lots of properties at the moment and like the Woodcroft area.

I was hoping someone could help me with children's activities in the area.. swimming, parent & toddler, music, kindergym etc?

And is there a good daycare/nursery nearby?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated,

Thank you!

Alexis

Hi guys,

Well we're finally here - must update my signature after 16 months - yeh! :)

Anyway, we're viewing lots of properties at the moment and like the Woodcroft area.

I was hoping someone could help me with children's activities in the area.. swimming, parent & toddler, music, kindergym etc?

And is there a good daycare/nursery nearby?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated,

Thank you!

Alexis

Hi....well I can help you with some of this...

I live in Happy Valley.....pretty close to where HV finishes and Woodcroft starts. My kids have lots of friends who live in Woodcroft...and so do I! (Better add that bit as a certain someone might take offence...LOL!):jiggy:

Anyway.....There is a great childcare centre in Happy Valley....My son went there from the age of 2.5 ( he is at school now)...I do know that there is a waiting list, so might be an idea to get your name down there asap. I can't recommend this place highly enough....excellent!

My two boys swim at Blue Dolphin swim centre...down at the other end of HV off Chandlers Hill Road ( i think that's the road?) Great swim centre...purely there for teaching kids...no public swimming going on at the same time...

Can't help you on parent & toddler stuff etc....but once you get to kindy/school age...the area is served with good schools. But watch where you buy in Woodcroft for when it comes to High School time....some parts of Woodcroft are not in the catchment area for Reynella East High School....(if that's the school you are interested in of course!)....

Reynella East Primary and Woodcroft Primary have good reputations. My boys are at the primary and my daughter at the High School.....cant' fault them at the moment....all doing well!

Hope that helps

Lorraine

Guest Django

Can't help you on parent & toddler stuff

I can, well I know a woman that can. ;)

There is one that meets once a week. Speak to Liz (The Monaghans). I have been meaning to take Joe and Niamh along since we arrived but I'm pretty rubbish at remembering things like this. :embarrassed:

Pete

Guest Lulujim

Hi -

Thanks so much for your help. Will have a look round Happy Valley Day care as i think Denise's littleys are going there too.

Great news about the swim place too - want to get Maggie back in to it asap, and Florence started - Thank you.

Pete - Thanks - I have PMd Liz - but thought it had shut down - but I hadn't been on here for a while, is it up and running again? That'd be great news :jiggy:

Alexis

Guest Nick11

Can't help you about stuff for the little uns - but we have lived in Woodcroft for 20 months now and have never regretted moving here.

Woodcroft primary is great - I'm a teacher - and am impressed. Bit of grafetti - not much else.

We live on the Mount Hurtle estate - where are you planning on moving to?

Nick

x

Guest Django

Pete - Thanks - I have PMd Liz - but thought it had shut down -

:shocked: Oooooooo has it???? I missed that post. I thought it might have changed to a Thursday from the Tuesday. :unsure:

Guest Lulujim

Hi lorraine,

Just wanted to thank you for the recommendation. The girls start their swimming lessons tomorrow! :jiggy:

Looking forward to it,

Alexis