Like Tree2Likes
    • 1 Post By allie
    • 1 Post By jorose

Thread: Here we come......

Here we come......

visa application lodged via agent last monday - accepted on friday! Flights booked and will be in Adelaide in 11th August.

Any advice on how to tackle the next few weeks - shipping, closing bank accounts and obtaining refunds from car tax, council tax etc available. I remeber seeing a link a while ago on advising what needs to be cancelled prior to moving.

Seaford (and area) here we come.............:D

Wow !!! Thats got to be the fastest visa EVER !!!
      Have to agree with your Seaford choice.

thats what i though, was told it would be at least a month.

wow that is one quick visa! we are thinking about the seaford area too - it seems pretty popular! someone else gave me a link to a great website www.adelaidebound.com that has loads of great advice about shipping and pretty much everything else!

Good luck to you :D
      squeaky likes this.

Don't close all the bank accounts.

Well done on the visa

Seaford Meadows, SA
      122 times
      Well done....Adelaide here you come.
      Agree with above, don't close all bank accounts. We have also kept an English Mastercard as currently we aren't eligible for an Aus one. Of course I appreciate your situation may be different.

Good luck and see you soon.
      squeaky likes this.
      Joanne (43), Ged (41) & Bella the cat (8).....and now Brian the dog; the only Aussie in the house. Arrived 8/1/09 from Oldham, Gtr Manchester.
      Rented in Findon, SA for 22 months built own house & so now moved to Seaford Meadows. Became citizens 9/12/13. Life doesn't get much better

The Pottertons
      Wow congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with the journey. How exciting. Its sounds like its gonna be a busy time!!!!! Yvonne

Congrats and good luck with everything!

Keep a bank acct open and also you can open an acct with Westpac out here on the website:

Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums