Hello

mydearboy

Hi all, newbie here :)

We are a couple in our mid 30's no children (yet) Just in the last stages of getting our PR175, we are planning on moving to adelaide after xmas, we are currently looking at areas we could afford to move to, we would be looking to buy our first home for around $350000 can anyone reccomend any suburbs to us? we are looking at south adelaide, anywhere from adelaide to aldinga!!?!?!

I am an occupational therapist who works in mental health and am going to apply to the south adelaide trust which i believe is situated in Norralunga as soon as my visa is granted, any fellow mental health workers out there? be good to chat to some.

So thats all for now and Hi to all:biglaugh:

Darren & Lisa

Guest kangomik

Wait till you arrive before making your mind up on one area.

I know we all want to feel as though we know where we will be, and to feel settled. But to make such a big move and not spend a while sussing the "feel" of the place is a shame.

Wait till you arrive before making your mind up on one area.

I know we all want to feel as though we know where we will be, and to feel settled. But to make such a big move and not spend a while sussing the "feel" of the place is a shame.

Hi, obviously i would not purchase a home for some time when im there, we plan to rent for 6 months but i would like to have an idea of the areas and rent within these areas to get the "feel", as i have said we are prepared to live anywhere in south adelaide and would love to hear which of these areas are afforable to our price range and what these areas offer.

Thanks again

Darren & Lisa

Guest kangomik

Liken your question to.

where is a good place to live in the UK, from Manchester to birmingham.

Obviously you see this as a little silly.

So thats why i say look around.

As for prices, they are mixed in most areas.

Guest kangomik

I forgot to add. I don't want to see this as newbie bashing....... this forum does not have this culture.

Welcome to PIA.

If you ask a question please accept some answers. Adelaide is small, SA is huge along with Adelaides suburbs. It sprawls over a great area. Many many people find different areas suit their needs.

You will find property at $350K without a worry. finding the area that suits will be your biggest challenge.

Guest Django

Welcome to PIA.

Finding the right location can be tough as said above. However, you can find it quite easily. We live in Woodcroft and are in our 4th rental. All of them have been in the Morphett Vale/Woodcroft area. Why? Because thats where our first short term rental was and we kinda liked the area so put our roots down here. The area has everything we need and is close to the beach and hills. Its about halfway between the city and Aldinga so is not a bad starting point for you to base yourself while you look for the area that like the look of.

Good luck.

Pete

Guest Django

Where your work will be will narrow down your search. If you will be working in the city then I wouldn't live any further south than Morphett Vale and would be fairly close to a southern expressway exit.

Pete

Guest mOZzy

hi darren and lisa!

firstly good luck with your visa - i hope it's not much longer for you!

and re area: don't rush it really. come and live in a short term rental and have a good drive around.

originally we were completly set on the north of adelaide - but back in november when we had to validate we found out we prefer the south :D

areas like onkaparinga, noarlunga, woodcroft, huntfield heights, morphett vale ...

since you already know where you'll be working -that's a good starting point!

hi darren and lisa!

firstly good luck with your visa - i hope it's not much longer for you!

and re area: don't rush it really. come and live in a short term rental and have a good drive around.

originally we were completly set on the north of adelaide - but back in november when we had to validate we found out we prefer the south :D

areas like onkaparinga, noarlunga, woodcroft, huntfield heights, morphett vale ...

since you already know where you'll be working -that's a good starting point!

Hi and welome to PIA guys.

You gotta ask yourself some questions about where you want to live, like how far do you want to travel to work?

Whats local transport like?

Medical facilities?

Near a beach?

Near shops?

etc,etc,

You can start to find some suburbs when you begin to answer some of these questions, we currently rent in Seaford but we are buiding oue onw place down at Aldinga as Aldinga pretty much suits us down to a tee.

We said we would live down that way within a week of us getting here.

Ask away on here guys, some answers you will like some you may not, we have a very diverse selection of people on here, enjoy your stay and see you on the brightside soon.

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi Darren & Lisa,

Can't help with the question sorry but thought we would say Hi and welcome to PIA. We are couple in our 30's no kids and hoping to move out after xmas.

So providing everything goes well maybe see ya on the other side for a few beers!!:jiggy:

Jo and Tom x

Hi Darren & Lisa,

Can't help with the question sorry but thought we would say Hi and welcome to PIA. We are couple in our 30's no kids and hoping to move out after xmas.

So providing everything goes well maybe see ya on the other side for a few beers!!:jiggy:

Jo and Tom x

Great, keep us up to date with your plans, be great to meet up with you both when we all get out there cheers :D

• 2 months later...
Guest allcocks

Hi,

i am a mental health ot in the UK, i have been unable to find a suitable web page for ot jobs in Adelaide, can you point me in the right direction.

cheers Mark.