Just wanted to introduce ourselfs and say hi

Guest Admar72

Guest Admar72

Hi to all,

Been pondering over poms in Adelaide for about a week now and thought we ought to say hello and introduce ourselfs a little.

We're Maria & Adam (both 36) and are currently in Milton Keynes but very much hoping to do the 'half way round the world' move and settle in Adelaide.

We've been looking at lots of suburbs and are seriously considering renting somewhere in Noarlunga. Ad's a brickie and has chatted to a few people including a couple of subbies so we're quite hopefull of him getting work once we arrive.

I myself work with male adults with aspergers syndrome in a 24hr registered care and am also hoping to find work. Our 17 yr old daughter is coming with us and we've been looking at the tafes in Adelaide but she isn't yet decided on what she want's to do (she's currently at college doing sports science and will be doing a public services course from sept)

We also have a son who's 20 and not able to come on our visa and so is looking at studant visas (he also wants to bring his girlfriend)

I do find myself worrying a bit as to how the kids will settle as they both have all their friends here and would appreciate any good advice or tips from anyone who's been in the same boat.

Look forward to chatting to you soon

Maria :wubclub:

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi there to ya both,

Welcome to the site, myself and OH both in our 30's are hoping to go to Adelaide in Jan, we are just waiting on Visa. So excited:jiggy:

I work with young adults with challenging behaviour/mental health and am looking into work at the moment.

We would also like to do some travelling first but will have to see, it depends on a few things but would be nice.

Good luck with your plans, this is a great site and people have been so helpful so any questions ask away and i'm sure someone will be able to help.

Jo and Tom x:)

Guest mOZzy

hello and welcome to pia :wubclub:

can't really help with your kids - mine are much younger (5 & 3.5) but i am sure lots of people on here will give you some ideas.

noarlunga(ish) is where we want to be too ;)

Guest Andrew&Ren

Welcome to PIA!!!!

Im sure someone on here would be able to help with anything you need, its a great site and helped us with soooooo much on the run up to moving out here x

Guest Brummie

Hi Admar72

Welcome to the PIA site, I'm new to the site too, but have lived in Adelaide for the last 39 years, originally from Birmingham. Glad to hear that you are thinking of moving over to Australia to live. It's a great country and excellent place to bring your children up in. Plenty of sunshine and fresh air. Just a few tips. Have you checked out the new version of google earth, most of Australia now has 360% street views. It might help you get a better understanding of the areas here. It depends on how far away from the city you would like to live. Whether you would be driving into the city or using public transport. In the north of Adelaide there is the O-Barn bus way (the buses go along a track off the main roadway) which is quicker for getting into the city. In the south we have the southern expressway. There are lots of tafe places around Adelaide but depending on what subject your daughter wants to study will determine the tafe she goes too. Not all tafes study the same subject. You could also check out www.careerone.com.au or www.seek.com.au are two sites to look for jobs. And www.realestate.com.au for places to rent and buy.

Hope everything goes well with your appliacation.

Rita (Brummie)