Calling Retirees!

Guest Adele

Guest Adele

Hi! My husband and I have been living in Adelaide since Feb 2007, my parents have an application in for a contributory parent visa (likey to be granted some time in 2011)

They are coming out for 12 months (on a visitors visa) in Oct 2009 and will be living with us and using the time to research areas, etc.

I know they would like to use this time to get to know a few like-minded people while they are here. They are both from the midlands, in their early 60s, play bowls and also attend art classes. My Mum has been retired since Dec 2007 and my Dad will retire when they come over in Oct (but may work part time when he moves out permanently)

I look forard to hearing from some people I can put Mum and Dad in touch with.

Adele

• 11 months later...
Hi! My husband and I have been living in Adelaide since Feb 2007, my parents have an application in for a contributory parent visa (likey to be granted some time in 2011)

They are coming out for 12 months (on a visitors visa) in Oct 2009 and will be living with us and using the time to research areas, etc.

I know they would like to use this time to get to know a few like-minded people while they are here. They are both from the midlands, in their early 60s, play bowls and also attend art classes. My Mum has been retired since Dec 2007 and my Dad will retire when they come over in Oct (but may work part time when he moves out permanently)

I look forard to hearing from some people I can put Mum and Dad in touch with.

Adele

My daughter and her family live down the road in Bellevue Heights and we shall be out for our annual visitagain in February 2011 for 6 weeks (taking some time out to explore Robe, Mount Gambier and the Limestone Coast) Would love to meet up with them if they are still around and swap notes.

I'm a happy bunny todaybiggrin.gif - got the letter of confirmation to say our CPV143 Application was received on the 3rd May thumbsup.gif so we're at the start of our journey hope to be out there in 2012! Hoping to buy in Blackwood/Coro/Flagstaff Hill area if we can still aford it when we sell up here. Need to be near enough for the school run to Coro when we begin our grandparent duties. (and having a 10-15 minute drive to Marion and 15-20 minutes to Brighton would be a bonus)

Jane

Guest Adele

My Mum and Dad (Edwina & Anthony) are now living down in Goolwa, so you may be able to catch them on your travels. Probably best to e-mail my Dad **************they are int he middle of their visa process so you can compare notes.

I can reccomend they visit the local ARPA (Australian Retired Persons Association) group which meets at Blackwood Football Club every Wednesday from about 9.30am to about 1.30pm. They will find lots of friendly people, many ex poms, aged from early 60's to about 80, who believe in living life to the full. Even many of the 80 year olds are still playing quite fierce Table Tennis, along with Poole and short mat bowls.

We have been members for the past 2 years, and have made a great many friends there, and Wednesday's are the highlight of our week!!

Unfortunately we are returning to the UK in September, so will not be likely to be able to meet them there, but if they ask for Jean or David (The leaders) they will get a warm welcome.

My Mum and Dad (Edwina & Anthony) are now living down in Goolwa, so you may be able to catch them on your travels. Probably best to e-mail my Dad **************they are int he middle of their visa process so you can compare notes.

Hi Adele,

its not good practice to give out an email addres in the way you have, I understand bots gather email addresses on the net for spammers.

Thought you would like to know this.

Guest Guest75

YEP TACD ,I keep telling folk - ya post on here and the world sees it ,including the scum.:mad:

Clipped the email addie unless the poster wants it put back in:err:

• 1 year later...
I can reccomend they visit the local ARPA (Australian Retired Persons Association) group which meets at Blackwood Football Club every Wednesday from about 9.30am to about 1.30pm. They will find lots of friendly people, many ex poms, aged from early 60's to about 80, who believe in living life to the full. Even many of the 80 year olds are still playing quite fierce Table Tennis, along with Poole and short mat bowls.

We have been members for the past 2 years, and have made a great many friends there, and Wednesday's are the highlight of our week!!

Unfortunately we are returning to the UK in September, so will not be likely to be able to meet them there, but if they ask for Jean or David (The leaders) they will get a warm welcome.

Anyone know if this is still up and running or could give us some contact names? Got our visas last week and hope to be in Adelaide before Christmas and hopefully sooner if we could only sell the house. Sounds like a great place to meet other like minded folk.

Im glas this one is still alive.

Does anyone know the ins and outs of the retirement visda please? Costs. Reality of doing it. Ability to (realitities of) make an income by say, selling on ebay?

About retirement visa (410)

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/retirement/410/

We have chosen the quicker but expensive CPV143 as we plan to stay for ever and hope to survive on our pensions. We will become residents immediately and qualify for Medicare and other 'seniors' schemes. We hope to downsize (or at least buy something a little cheaper and use that extra money to top up savings, treat ourselves and the family occasionally, pay for holidays, new car etc.....)

ARPA are still existence and have an office in the city. you should be able to find details on the internet or in the phone book. The correct name is The Australian Retired Persons Association. If you call into their office they will welcome you with open arms and direct you to your nearest branch. I would add that it is worth visiting a couple of Branches to see if they suit you. We finished up at the Blackwood Branch which meets at the Blackwood Football Club every Wednesday.

Guest Guest75
Im glas this one is still alive.

Does anyone know the ins and outs of the retirement visda please? Costs. Reality of doing it. Ability to (realitities of) make an income by say, selling on ebay?

So ya still going to come out and play??

Great stuff mate.

I thought that with retirement visas you do not have to have to be working. Just income from investments / pensions??

I know ya loaded mate!!!;);)

So ya still going to come out and play??

Great stuff mate.

I thought that with retirement visas you do not have to have to be working. Just income from investments / pensions??

I know ya loaded mate!!!;);)

IWe still have a plan mate, but your house will be sold by then:D

You can never have enough dough dude, and I was hoping to sell stuff I had made.

Guest Guest75
IWe still have a plan mate, but your house will be sold by then:D

You can never have enough dough dude, and I was hoping to sell stuff I had made.

Good luck mate,regards to the Mrs :D