newbie saying hello :-)

Dawn&Andy

Hi All

Thought id best pop in and say Hi and introduce my lot

We are me, dawn (39), Andy(37), jake(14) jessica(9), molly (8), we currently live in a little village just outside tamworth, polesworth, here in the midlands, we have applied for a 136 visa under Andys occupation(electrician), application sent in march, acked in may and frontloaded meds and pccs beginning of june, so just sat waiting patiently now to hear if they need any extra info or the visa grant! Have the estate agents coming round next monday to value the house and find out how much its gonna cost us, we are selling all our belongings and coming out with just a few suitcases between us, ohh except maybe two or three boxes we might ship, hubbys tools for work and a few personal belongings. We heading for adelaide but havent decided where yet, will depend on lots of things when we arrive like where hubby might get a job, areas we feel comfy in etc, have started to sell our bits off this week and house is starting to empty already am dreading how its gonna feel that last week or two before we move out, hoping to be out in adelaide by jan/feb 2008 depending on house sale etc,maybe sooner if house sells quicker, i currently work from home as a chat host for a online bingo site, been there 3 years this october and i love my job, and its handy that its from home over the internet, so i will be able to continue once we make the move down under, gives us a bit of relief to that we will have my wage coming in whilst hubby is trying to find work, sort his license etc. Well think ive rambled on enough for now!! Hope to get to know lots of you over here now ive found this lovely site, thanks to dan for the link:D

Dawn x

Guest Django

Hi Dawn,

Welcome to the gang. Hope you visa goes through smoothy as you have front loaded it. Your neck of the woods is gonna be a ghost town soon with the west mid mass exodus. :D

Pete

Guest tracynsteve

HI,WELCOME DAWN & ANDY.WE'RE HOPEING TO GO TO ADELAIDE AROUND MAY/JUNE TIME.OH IS A PAINTER & DECORATOR.WE HAVE 4 BOYS.8,5,3,1.TRACY.

Guest nikkiandlee

Hi Dawn,

This site is great everyone is sooo friendly!!:)

I have three boys aged 13, 10 and 7 so not much different in ages to your children!

WE are hoping to be out in Adelaide by October next year, we are going on my skills as a hairdresser!

How do your children feel about the move? how are you feeling?

anyway glad you found this site, take care

Nikki

x

Guest mOZzy

hello dawn, andy and kids and welcome!!

you are quite far into the whole process already; well compared to us :P (we've got our YES from tra today!!!)

i hope the housesale goes fast for you! and smooooooooth

oh is also an electrician - well electrical mechanic really, that's why we got him skilled as fitter for now - but once the visa approaches he'll have to apply for the electrical part and do his license :eek: ... a loooooong way still to go!

hope to chat to you soon

aww thanks for the welcome peeps!!

we have just sent for the artc forms so we can get that part out the way once visa is in hand, then he can get a restricted license when we land then all he gotta do is the course then for the grade A license, all this form filling i be glad when its all over;)

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

Welcome to the site, good on you for getting the house sale underway, this seems to be the sticking point for a lot of people waiting to get here.

As if you haven't got enough to do, have you thought about selling the house yourselves we were fortunate to do this with a 85 pound advert in the local paper.

Good luck

Guzzler

well funny you should say that, ive been selling some bits n bobs off ready for the move on ebay and this week sold a tv and lady who won it, came to pick it up turns out she lives 2 streets away in same village, so we get chatting about us moving to oz and she tells me shes just put her house up cos they looking for somewhere bigger, well as 3 bed semis go ours is huge, been extended, so i say ohh well if ya wait couple weeks ours will be on the market, so she asked me how much we selling for, i said well wont know til estate agents been round and valued it, so she asked me once we got it valued will i ring her and let her know and if its within her budget and her hubby likes it they may well buy it, so we getting estate agents round for a valuation next week and will contact her and obviously if she wants it then wont need the services of the estate agents and will have saved us a few grand in the process:oso we shall see wot happens with that, will take a load off my mind if i havent gotta put up with loads people trapsing through me house:D

Guest sarahsmartiepants

hello Dawn and Andy, welcom to the site and good luck with the up coming paperwork, which seems and is neverending!!!

Any Qs ask away

sarah

Guest ralph n bev

Hi Dawn,Andy,Jake,Jessica and Molly,

welcome to the site, sure you'll find loads of useful info on it. Good luck with the prospective house buyer too!!

Bev

Guest LOUISE HANNAH
Hi All

Thought id best pop in and say Hi and introduce my lot

We are me, dawn (39), Andy(37), jake(14) jessica(9), molly (8), we currently live in a little village just outside tamworth, polesworth, here in the midlands, we have applied for a 136 visa under Andys occupation(electrician), application sent in march, acked in may and frontloaded meds and pccs beginning of june, so just sat waiting patiently now to hear if they need any extra info or the visa grant! Have the estate agents coming round next monday to value the house and find out how much its gonna cost us, we are selling all our belongings and coming out with just a few suitcases between us, ohh except maybe two or three boxes we might ship, hubbys tools for work and a few personal belongings. We heading for adelaide but havent decided where yet, will depend on lots of things when we arrive like where hubby might get a job, areas we feel comfy in etc, have started to sell our bits off this week and house is starting to empty already am dreading how its gonna feel that last week or two before we move out, hoping to be out in adelaide by jan/feb 2008 depending on house sale etc,maybe sooner if house sells quicker, i currently work from home as a chat host for a online bingo site, been there 3 years this october and i love my job, and its handy that its from home over the internet, so i will be able to continue once we make the move down under, gives us a bit of relief to that we will have my wage coming in whilst hubby is trying to find work, sort his license etc. Well think ive rambled on enough for now!! Hope to get to know lots of you over here now ive found this lovely site, thanks to dan for the link:D

Dawn x

Hello Dawn,

I think we are at a similar stage to you, we have just had our medicals & now waiting patiently, we are hoping to move out in Jan/Feb also, we have applied for a skilled visa, my husband Chris has his own building company here in the uk, but will be initially working as a Drainer in oz. We have 2 sons Jack (11) and Stephen (14), I would like your opinion on moving your eldest to school in his last year ? are you worried, im very

nervous about making the move, we had a reckie in April and covered most places, but cant make a final decision where to live, juggling work & wanting somewhere with plenty for the kids.

Anyway nice to here from you

Louise & Chris

thanks for all your lovely comments

louise im not really nervous about moving jake at 14, i would rather move now and let him get australian qualifications than end up with uk ones that mean nothing in oz, and we are planning on stayin in oz for the long term, as long as we love it obviously, so oz qualifications for the kids we think is a good thing, the school year over there is slightly behind us anyway so i am hoping the move shouldnt really upset his exam years, we had been looking more south to be honest around seaford, hallett cove etc and surrounding areas, but have been looking in the north too towards the hills and u get so much more for your money, we wont really make a decision on where we will live til we arrive, think wil drive round the areas same as we did when we have moved here, generally i get a good idea and feel for a place and not made a real bad decision that way yet:D

i am a bit worried about jake settling in and making friends cos i think older they are the tougher it is, but jakes always had to make a bigger effort anyway being a redhead so i really think hes gonna be fine, its quite a socialable and outgoing lad anyway, guess if ya kids are shy might be harder, but believe me none of mine are, mmmmmm i wonder who they get that from !!:rolleyes:

right well i gotta run working 7pm-1am :o so gotta feed the troops, be dead on my feet by sunday all these late nights but got 4 days off with the kids next week !! yipeeeeee!!!

Guest nickey and neill

hi dawn and andy...welcome!!

just wanted to say hello too....reading these replies made me feel better about the worries with my kids too. i have 2 boys aged 13 and 12 and a girl aged 10. im not too worried about school but just worried for my eldest son as he loves his friends here. he wants to move but i think he will find it the hardest. its reassuring to know there are quite a lot his age going over........good for possible contacts in the future when we finally arrive.... hopefully by oct 2008. my hubby is electrician and im just finishing my nursing training .

gool luck to you all with the process....keep in touch !!

Guest lastboyscout

Hi Dawn and Andy welcome to PIA :)

My family and I are hoping to be out there about the same time as you (house sale pending of course) so see you there, and good luck with everything :cool:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

we got a case officer this morning, requesting medicals, they were already done and arrived in sydney on 12th june, so once they tally the two together then we should get our visa, just hope its not too long the waiting aint doing my blood pressure much good;)

cheered me up no end thought they was never gonna pick up our application, who knows might even end up in adelaide sooner than we thought

have a great weekend everyone i know we will:D