More Newbies!!!!!!

Guest thekings

Guest thekings

Hi all

Have been hovering in the background for a while now and thought we would introduce ourselves. We have applied for a permanent residency visa and are currently waiting for my skills assessment to come through, should be any day now. (they were quick enough to take my money lol)

Cant wait to get out there, just waiting for everything to go through (about 12 months as a guesstimate) hopefully the economy will have sorted itself out by then.

We are planning well ahead....cat being rehoused to a friend end of this month (she's not coming), caravan going end of august (after our last summer holiday), motorbike going next month to a friend and enthusiast :sad::sad: (insert smiley crying his heart out here). Next year we will sell the car and house.

Looking forward to making some good friends and colleagues.

Hi, Welcome to PIA.

We have our PR and are desperately trying to sell our house so we can get outta here :wacko:. We're not as organised as you though still got things to sell and home to find for cat :sad:, so well done for being so organised.

Good luck with everything :)

Guest Kevin Quinn

Welcome to PIA

Being in the background you'll already know the PIA folks are a pretty cool bunch and very willing to help and share experiences - it'll lessen those nights you stare at the ceiling just wondering something about moving over!

So good luck and making a good start on sorting the UK bits will make time go faster........pity about the bike though...at least hold onto it until this great weather goes :-)

Guest Dave & Carole

Welcome. Good luck with the journey ahead.

My husband wull sympathise with the lack of bike. He sold both his motorbikes last year and can't wait till we get to Adelaide to get a new one!

Guest thekings

Thanks to all you guys for your kind words, especially about the bike boo hoo. Did consider shipping it over but didn't think it was worth it for a £2400 bike!!! However that and a bit spare will be safely tucked aside as a deposit once we get to Adelaide. Looked at youtube for images of bikes in the hills and was very impressed, not too worried about the strict speeding laws down there as I'm not really a speed jockey, its the sharp corners that I enjoy. Thanks again people, look forward to chatting with you all.