Irish in Adelaide

Guest cork09

Guest cork09

We recently moved from Ireland to Adelaide(southern suburbs) and although we've met some very nice British people, we would like too meet a few paddies too.:)

Guest caoimhe

Hi and welcome to PIA. We're originally from Belfast and are living in the North East. Brandyslad is from Tyrone and they are in the southern suburbs

Guest countdown1975

Hey,

I am British but my hubby Dave is Irish - from Co laois and we are moving over on 10th August :-) Dave will be happy to see there are some Irish over there

• 3 years later...
Guest macfly

Hi,

Whats the worse thing a Cork person can hear on holidays? Hows it goin boy?

Sorry Cork09 you really can't escape it.

Here 11 months coming from London. Yep grew up in Douglas spent the last 10 years in Midelton now living in Glenelg.

Don't you miss Panna, soothing voice of neill in the morning and trips through the JL tunnel everyday and of course lots and lots of rain??

Ah thems were the days.

Guest bigal

[h=1]SOUTHERN DISTRICTS WORKING MENS CLUB INC[/h]Contact details

Address: 24 Epstein Dr, Morphett Vale, SA 5162

There used to be a few Irish fellas frequent this place, might be worth a visit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest IrishHistoryNerd

Hi there! There's a Facebook group and page called Adelaide Irish Connect - they regularly get together in the south and nearer the city too?. Check it out - good mix of ages, families, northerners and southerners.

Guest amimad

hi all... were new to this forum and this is my 1st post... were do i start...omg!!!! ok so myself my husband and our two kids live in dublin at the min but we have been hyming n hawing about making the move over the last 3 years or so..since then things have just gone from bad to worse here so were now seriously looking into it. i work pt in the bookies and my hubbie is a chef the last 17 years but has no papers... im 30 hes 36 kidos r 5 n 7... can anyone tell me were do we start!!! havnt got a clue about what visas to apply for... do we even stand a chance of getting them..how much do they cost... is there agencys for them that apply for you... do u have a better chance of getting them through an agency???. how much money would we need heading out there??? all advice good r bad would b greatly appreciated... the only thing i do know is that we cant keep goin the way we are here!!!