Will the State sponsor you if yr 45?

Guest Squeezle

Guest Squeezle

New to this site, so hi to everyone :)

Just a question to see if any one is in the know, as we have had no reply from SA goverment to our e-mail from a couple of weeks ago.

We applied for a 176 GSM family sponsored Visa (my Mum is in Gawler) in March before my husband was 45, he has passed all his assesments and has a job offer (although not employer sponsored). Since the announcements of the new time lines for visa's we have been told our application wont be looked at until July 2011! on this visa, so if were lucky we may get over in 2012.

We have been advised to try for a State Sponsored visa, but as Neil is now 45 does anyone know if they will just reject this, or will they take into account that he was not 45 when we started this whole process? :confused: and at least look at our application.

Any advice would be welcome as we really do not want to be looking at 2011-2012 to come over if possible.

Any other suggestions would be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance

Pauline and Neil

Guest BAZnDAF

Hi Pauline and Neil,

Welcome to PIA.

It would be a good idea to have an agent look at your situation, most agents will do a free assessment, this will give you your options.

Regarding the age, I beleive they take the age at the time when the visa application is received.

Barry

Guest Squeezle

Thanks for the help, we have a contact with an agent, but she is not the most helpful and we are having to do the leg work!

Will update you when we get a response.

Guest BAZnDAF

don't take the point of view from just one agent, ring a few up and ask, they will all give you information, especially if you make it sound like your looking for an agent to help you :)

Guest hel&sam

i definitely know on a 175 they take your age from the date the application is submitted, i would imagine its the same for all them but not 100% sure.

Helen

x

I applied for State Sponsorship 5 months after I turned 45 and was originally refused for that reason but was told they would reconsider if a visa application had already been lodged with the DIAC (which it had). After a bit of confusion it was sorted out and Sposorship was granted, so yes it is possible :).

Peter

Guest Squeezle

Thank you everyone, we will apply for the State sponsorship now that we have the signed document about our assets, and update you as we find out. We appreciate all the feed back, there is a glimmer of light!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Squeezle

Dear all,

Just an update to say that today we have been granted State Sponsorship! we applied on the 6th July and got the news today.

Hope for all the over 45's yet.

Guest harper210267

Great well doen.

We're applying for ours soon; the first week in Septmeber, a few weeks before my hubby is 45.

We did use an agent though and which we are very glad we did.

Cross your fingers for us when we put ours in. Although the agent has said that we should here about acceptance by March 2010...

Happy planning now.x

Guest Squeezle

I am keeping everything crossed for you, we are so excited to have got the SS, that just completes 176 application that is in the system, so the wait is now on for a CO etc, Lets hope yours comes through as quick, we heard back within a month on our SS.