hi from a new member

Guest jen&ian

Guest jen&ian

Hi all,

We are Jen(31) Ian(32) and our three boys Jay(5), Sam(2) and Noah(6 months). We started the migration process last year and are due to have our medicals next week :shock: . We were previously looking at going to Perth as we know people there, but having seen how much more house we can get for our money in Adelaide have had a change of heart. I've been busy looking on various real estate sites and we're probably going to head for the south east. Does any one out there live near Morphett Vale, Hallet Cove or Seaford Rise areas. I would be really grateful for any info on family friendly suburbs as am feeling a bit lost :? .

Thanks folks

Jen & Ian

Guest taylor family

:D :lol: Hi Jen & Ian

welcome to the site I'm alan 38 builder laura 34 hairdresser and level 3 special needs assistant (what do you do) lauren 9 elliot 8 sophie 7.

meds done in december police checks done 1st december went missing in post so still waiting but will get there soon.

There is a family that has just moved from brisbane to seaford no doubt she will be in touch.

alan & laura fulwood preston lancashire.

Welcome

Ash is a painter & decorator currently self employed but will become an employee in the not to distant future :wink: risky but worth it I am sure :) I have 2 boys Bradley aged 10 & thomas aged 6, lots of energy to :P

I work in supply chain, I jobshare (3 days) not sure whether to stay in this field when we emigrate although I have just contacted Coles Myer who open a DC later in 2007 North Adelaide - so who knows !

We are looking possibly North / North East, like the South East but a little too pricey in places for us, but then you never know something might come up nearer the time

We are on an SIR495 visa, whats yours?

Good luck

Angela

Guest Guest75
Hi all,

We are Jen(31) Ian(32) and our three boys Jay(5), Sam(2) and Noah(6 months). We started the migration process last year and are due to have our medicals next week :shock: . We were previously looking at going to Perth as we know people there, but having seen how much more house we can get for our money in Adelaide have had a change of heart. I've been busy looking on various real estate sites and we're probably going to head for the south east. Does any one out there live near Morphett Vale, Hallet Cove or Seaford Rise areas. I would be really grateful for any info on family friendly suburbs as am feeling a bit lost :? .

Thanks folks

Jen & Ian

Hi and welcome :-)

I live just above Morphett Vale in Onkaparinga Hills.

We have lived here nearly 7 years now and feel very settled.

The area is great with plenty of facilities and things to do and are popular with UK migrants.

Guest jen&ian

Thanks for all your replies its always good to hear from people in the same boat. By the way send me to the bottom of the class on the map reading front as I really meant to say we're looking south west not south east, I did say I was confused!

Ian is a software developer and I'm a qualified primary school teacher, although I haven't worked as one since I had the kids. I think it's realitively easy to get back into over there after a bit of a refresher course.

See Ya,

Jen & Ian

Hi

We live in Seaford Rise moved to Adelaide last Oct and to Seaford Rise end of November. We originally lived walking distance of the beach in Scotland and wanted the same here, hence Seaford Rise. It is nice here, lots of friendly people, local beach is Moana which is lovely. My kids started Moana school in November and like it. My OH is an industrial electrician and most of the factories are in the north so he drives 45 mins to work everyday but says he doesnt mind, worth the sacrifice to live where we wanted.

We also looked at houses in Morphett Vale, Reynella, Aberfoyle Park, Sheidow, Port Noarlunga and Hallet Cove and chose Seaford Rise. The good thing about looking at houses here is most of the estate agents have open viewings advertised in the local papers so we just picked the ones we wanted to see and planned our route and spent a couple of weekends wandering round the houses.

Sam

Guest Libby1971

Hi there

I too am a teacher but the honeys I teach are the older ones...11-18 year olds. My hubbie is a primary teacher. My friend emmylou is also registered on this site and as a primary teacher as well may have lots of info you might find useful. I don't want to put words in her mouth but I am sure she could give you any advice/ info if you wanted to ask.

We had also considered other areas of Australia, in fact almost everywhere else! But have now decided on Adelaide and this close, we are unlikely to change our minds now. It looks good, doesn't it?

Take care

Libby

Guest jen&ian

Hi Sam & Libby,

Sam thanks for the info on Seaford Rise, we're really keen to be near the beach too and would be great to be within walking distance of a nice primary school, have been looking at Seaford Rise Primary & a few others online.

Libby thanks for that I did spot your friend on one of the other forum topics I think. It'll be a while before I start looking at teaching again as my youngest is only 6 months. Sounds as if you're a bit further along with it all than us, when are you planning on moving?

Jen & Ian

Guest Libby1971

Hi Jen and Ian

We had our meds done before Xmas and have just been told to pay our bond money...which means that we could have our visa within 3 weeks!!!!

We are hoping to go mid April, after the Easter holidays, about four weeks earlier than we had originally planned. Either way, this is good although I feel sick with nerves about how much we have left to do. We have worked towards this since 1996 when we began the courses necessary to qualify as teachers. Qualified as those in 2002. We began the process of applying for the visa in Sept 2005.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Libby