New to the Forum

Guest MutleyCrew

Guest MutleyCrew

Hi all,

After several years of thinking about migrating to Australia and having had a couple of rekkies to the land down under, we have finally decided and committed to a new life in the southern hemisphere!:goofy:

We have just signed up Go Matilda to assist us with our visa application (20/07/2009). Heard and read loads of really positive reviews about them so after much deliberation about who we should use and should we, shouldn't we use an agent, we thought what the hell and decided to give um a go!!:jiggy:

We have been on this site several times during our research and thought that we should join as there appears to be much info and help available. I'm sure in the months ahead we will be asking many questions, some that we may well think are a little dumb, but hey ho what the dickens, we'll still ask them!!:P

Hopefully we may, as time moves on, also be able to help others with our own growing knowledge!!

Take care for now,

MutleyCrew...

UK Poms R Us

Guest MutleyCrew

Thanks all. Its great to be able to exchange thoughts, excitement, trepidation and more excitement with you all. It must be great for those of you much further on in the process? Have there been any hiccups worth being aware of? Are any of you using an agent or have you applied for the visa yourselves?

Good luck with those of you much further down the line and who knows, one day we may be exchanging blogs to each other down under!! We’ve got a very long way to go, but I’m hoping!!:wacko:

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi

We decided to use an agent and we believe money well spent as we not really had any problems, with three little kids to look after didn't want hassel of missing deadlines and trying to figure out what was next to do, all we did was supply what was asked for and let the agents do all the submitting. Things have moved pretty quickly since getting state sponsorship and hopefully should be getting some good news soon.

What visa will you be applying for? What trade are you in?

Michelle

Guest MutleyCrew

I have been advised to apply for a 475 regional sponsored (provisional) visa as I am a Business Analyst. I don't really think I had much choice as there is only 18months or so before I hit the cut off age of 45! Having looked around and spoken to a number of agents they literally all came up with the same advice.

We have signed up with Go Matilda for various reasons. Firstly they appear to come highly recommended and similar to you, we have two young boys and due to the ever shortening timescales we didn't want to mess anything up or miss key deadlines. We also thought it better for someone to guide us and prompt us for certain information at the appropriate time.

Which agency have you used? You sound very impressed with them. Good luck in the final stages. I bet your so excited about it. I can't imagine how we are going to feel once we get as close as you guys.

Agent Appointed: July 09

IELTS Test Date: Sep 09

Guest The Dimmocks

We are getting excited, taken a while to get where we are but we got here eventually. We using Thinking Australia, not heard them mentioned on here but we were recommended by a friend who emigrated last year to Perth. We are going on a 176, my OH is a joiner.

All the best in your plans and PIA is a great site to get advice from, I don't comment very often tend to sit back and read everyone elses threads. I'm sure that will change when we start our plans to move.

Guest MutleyCrew
Thats great and welcome to the forum. This forum is great and the people are really friendly. they have been invaulable to me and hopefully they will be the same for you.

Good luck hope you get out there soon.

Congratulations on getting your visa!!:jiggy::jiggy:How envious are we!!

Good luck and all the best and we hope that everything goes well for you.

Guest bishop3912

Hi and welcome to the site, you are right the help from the peeps on here is invaluable and everyone seems to give their honest opinion. I was a previous member on another site (no names mentioned) but couldnt stand the bad feeling on their, everyone is soooooo nice on here. x