hey :D

Guest clairw75

Guest clairw75

Hey peeps :)

I am a UK nurse looking to emigrate to Adelaide in the not too distant future, I actually have a telephone interview on thurs eve this week which I am both dreading and looking forward too!

Its for the RAH ED as this is my area, am quite nervous!

I have a hubby of 14 years and 2 children aged 13 and 8 who are kinda on board with the idea - it wont be real for them until we are on the plane i think!

My hubby is supportive and excited, I just cant wait!

I have a few questions though which I'm sure i'll find the answers to in this fab forum!

speak soon :)

Guest VickyB

Hi Clair,

I worked at the RAH ED for a year (2006-2007) if you have any question please feel free to ask? Great department and staff, but no 4hr time limit, you still have people waiting in the department for 24hrs + VERY BUSY!!!

Hope the interview went well. Vicky

Guest clairw75

Thanks Vicky :)

thats really helpful, i realised they have no 4 hour target at the mo dont know if they will have at any point in the future.

why did you leave? where are you working now?

take care :)

Clair

Guest VickyB

Actually moved back to the UK for 2 years. Have just returned with our 7 month old daughter so looking at picking up some casual (bank) shifts soon. Considering either Ashford or RAH. Ashford is a private hospital with a small but busy ED, always looking for staff they actually sponsored me initially.

Good luck with everything, how did the interview go? Vicky

Guest clairw75

Hi Vicky :)

The interview went ok I think - thanks for asking! I'm eamiling my References today and some questions I have about Nurse roles - maybe you can answer this for me also?

In our role in the ED you tend to initiate treatment such as simple analgesia, fluids etc if its required until you can grab a doctor, I will also cannulate, bleed and xray if required, how does this stand in adelaide??......i know they are behind us and the only questions i didnt ask as i had worked a 13 hour shift and then had to stay awake till midnight for the interview lol and then back in for 7am :skeptical: Wont miss that!! lol

They told me i wont be triaging or working in resus ( both if which i do regularly) which i can kinda live with until ive done the clinical workbook thingy :unsure: how did you find this???

can you utilise your other skills?? such as plastering, stapling etc??

I'm sorry for the questions but you know how it is when you think of 1 then all of a sudden there's another!! :chatterbox:

Cheers Clair