Ielts

Guest Deanelaide

Guest Deanelaide

Hi everyone we are Dean and Coleen and we are in the process of (hopefully) emigrating to Adelaide.

My wife has just recently sat the Ielts test and has an overall score of 7.5 is this a pass for applying for the visa? the test had 4 parts which she scored 8, 8, 8 and a 6.5 to give a total overall of 7.5

Just like to know if the overall score is enough or does she have to score 7 or higher in each part?

Thank you.

Dean.

Guest Justme

Hi, as far as I know, yes that is fine. Is your wife over 40? My husband was 43 yrs old when he sat the IELTS test. He was told that because he was over 40, he had to get an overall score of 7 or above. We were pleased he got an 8 overall.

So going off our experience, I am sure she has past with flying colours.

Guest BAZnDAF

I had to get at least a 7 in each part, the overall score wasn't important, but then i did take the academic test. so under the rules for mine, your wife would have failed.

I would get definate confirmation whether her scores are enough.

I had to do it becuase i turned 40 2 weeks before lodging, needed the extra points.

Barry

Guest Deanelaide

Since found out that she does have to get 7 in each part, can't believe she got 6.5 she is absolutley gutted! My wife has now booked in for 2nd attempt in September so fingers crossed.

Thank you both for replying.

Dean.

Guest Justme

Sorry, to hear that. Yeh I should have explained it a little bit better, has to be at least a 7 on each test (being over 40) then overall score of 7 or above. I am sure she will sail through it the next time - isnt it ironic - we need a 7 to go out of the UK and immigrants to this country need a 5 to come in !!! Cannot see the logic in that. Good luck. Fingers crossed for her.

Guest BAZnDAF

She should walk it next time round. I had to take mine twice, first time I only got a 6 in the writing part. So I practiced every night with example tests that I got my teacher friend to make up for me, and she told me where I was going wrong.

Good luck.. :)

Barry