Advice needed re: on arrival accomodation!!

Guest The lucy's

Guest The lucy's

Hi

We are newbies to the site and we are looking to be in adelaide 1st October or there abouts, we are looking at short term rentals but everywhere seems booked up around that time? (Is it holidays??) We have looked at Rentals in Oz but no luck as yet!! anyone got any other sites we could try, or let me know how you found somewhere to live when you arrived, we would appreciate any comments please.

Many Thanks

Nicky

Guest Libby1971

1st October is during the first week of school holidays.

Members on here who have houses which may/ may not be available to rent include:

Hardycot,

?Diane??

Tyke

Roo1

and others too but I can't remember who they are

Guest familygood

Hi and wlecome.

If you look at adelaidebound.com.au there is a list of all the short term property that is around Adelaide. I know what you mean about things being booked up we aren't coming out til Jan and still found lots booked up already!! We have gone for homesdownunder.com.au for a place in Port Noarlunga that looks gorgeous. Luckily they had a space.

Good luck!!

Guest harper210267

Hi, what about renting a caravan/villa on a holiday site?

There are loads of really good ones and it's cheap. This way you'll not have to committ to anything 6 months and over and can look around for the perfect rental for your family.x

First weekend in October is also Labour (Labor?) Day weekend - a holiday weekend here, hence why you may be having problems. There's a lovely lady called Donna who handles the rent of a lot of furnished places around Adelaide - her website is : http://www.realestateowners.net.au/search.asp?lState=SA&Submit=search - so if you haven't contacted her already, she's worth a try. Can also highly recommend Tykes places if not booked up already: http://www.auseelife.com.au/

Good luck!

Diane

Guest panther
1st October is during the first week of school holidays.

Members on here who have houses which may/ may not be available to rent include:

Hardycot,

?Diane??

Tyke

Roo1

and others too but I can't remember who they are

Although we are booked we also have a fully furnished unit for rent at Marino

And we are members

Panther

Short term Fully Furnished unit for rent in Marino

Guest Andrew&Ren
Guest BurgessFamily

Can I ask why you are booking last minute?

I mentioned the OAA as we are currently in it and it is really good value. All bills included for $202/wk!! It gives you time to look around and find somewhere you really want to live.

Guest The lucy's

Our visa runs out 1st week of December, the house has fallen through twice already, we cannot book OAA without flights and we cant book flights until we sell the house, so third time lucky!! but we dont have 6 weeks notice to give. We originally planned to do OAA!

Guest BurgessFamily

I'm sorry to hear about your house. We had a similar problem, and we have left our house being rented in the UK. Luckily we could re-mortgage to a buy-to-let and release some equity so we could make the move!

We booked our flights with Dial-A-Flight, which cost £2400 for 2 adults + 2 kids. There may be better offers around now though.

Good luck!!!

Guest dibdob73

Hi there

yes, school holidays. We have 4 x 10 week terms over here and Term 3 which we are in right now finishes on September 25th. You should try some serrviced apartments, of which there are a few in the City. When I first arrived I stayed in the Franklin Apartments in the City (Google), short term rentals are not that easy to sort during holiday periods. But I'm sure you will find something, google serviced apartments Adelaide and you should be able to sort something out.

Best Wishes

Debbie

Guest georgie and steve

wwe used cotton palm cottage in dernancourt ( 3 bed furnished, $90 per night, ne suburb, was great for the first 3 weeks with two little ones.) pm us if you need details or look on stayz for this property.

Guest WoodMartin

Hi there

We are arriving 1st October. We have looked at a few places - we have found somewhere in the CBD for 4 weeks to give us a chance to find something more permanent and (fingers crossed) near jobs! Options we found were Breakfree on Hindley and Unley Heritage. Not sure how many of you there are or what area you may need/want, so these may not suit you. We definitely wanted city centre at first.

Might be good to meet/compare notes on 'the other side'?!

Ali