Hi all,

Guest VickyB

Guest VickyB

I just found this website through Fb, there's a Poms in Adelaide group there.

Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. I came out to Australia in July 2003 with my Australian boyfriend. Ended up staying for 4 years and getting married, initially was on a working holiday visa, then sponsored and then got my permanent residency. So any visa questions I hope I can help!

We have actually only just arrived back in Adelaide after spending 2 years back in London. All a bit different this time as we have a 7 month old daughter. It was a bit harder leaving my family, friends this time but know this is the better place for Hannah (our daughter) to grow up. Skype is our lifesaver and keeps the grandparents happy! Would love to catch up with anyone with similar aged kids, missing my mums group hugely.

Hope you are enjoying the cricket. Go the POMS.

Vicky

Guest cazzie

Hi Vicky,

Just to say wecome to PIA and good luck with settling back here. I'm sure there will be plenty of mums with young kids who would love to meet up with you.

Guest Allybinoz42

Hi Vicky

I also met an Aussie and came over in 2002, have not been back to UK accept for hols.

I understand the missing the family thing I have a 20 month old and visited the UK with him this year. It is hard to leave family. I always wondered about returning for a bit.

Do you have many friends here?

Guest VickyB

Thanks for all your welcome messages.

Thanks Ally, yes I do have friends here just none with kids Hannah's age, miss that first time mums muddling through everything together. Hannah currently teething although touch wood going fairly smoothly so far. Found a playgroup so should meet some mums there. Also miss the always available grandparents for babysitting!

Guest englishmaninoz

Hi there, I'm Marc, been here for nine years and only found this site/forum about a month ago, I have two kids aged 5 and 3, and im loving the cricket even tho its on so late :(

im gonna go find the FB site for this motley crew as i think it is awesome to be able to communicate with other likeminded English peeps who want to change for the better.... Marc

Guest MarkIngram

hi there

welcome to PIA. my wife and 2 girls - Lexie (5yrs) and Poppy (6months - will be 8 months by the time we get out there) will be arriving in Adelaide on 29th November...can't wait to get there.

I also found this site through facebook. it has proved to be a great resource...the experience and knowledge everyone has on here is amazing. I'm looking forward to meeting up with a few people that I have spoken to on here and thank them in person for their help.

I know that it isn't going to be a completely smooth experience...but that's what is going to make it so much more rewarding.

Guest VickyB

Loving this website think I'm becoming addicted! Great to hear everyone experiences and the encouragement everyone is giving!

Hope all goes smoothly for you Mark & family and hopefully by the time you arrive I will have figured out Adelaide's baby supports and thing to do etc. So if you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, my daughter is just a month older than Poppy I guess, Hannah was born Dec 19th. All the best Vicky

Guest MarkIngram
Loving this website think I'm becoming addicted! Great to hear everyone experiences and the encouragement everyone is giving!

Hope all goes smoothly for you Mark & family and hopefully by the time you arrive I will have figured out Adelaide's baby supports and thing to do etc. So if you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, my daughter is just a month older than Poppy I guess, Hannah was born Dec 19th. All the best Vicky

Thanks Vicky

Poppy was born on 2nd Feb 2009 so Hannah is a a tad over a month older. Let me know how you get on with the baby support stuff, it will be interesting to hear what your experiences are.

Good luck yourself...it's all very exciting.

Mark