Agh! Nervous...

Guest rich

Just about to fly out to Adelaide on Tuesday, we've never been more nervous about anything in our lives. I'm shaking like a leaf... can't sleep or anything. I guess everyone goes through it but when you're living in the weird twilight between leaving the UK and going to Oz it feels like the strangest thing!

Anyway, nervousness and fear aside, Adelaide here we come!:)

Good luck with it!!! We're a couple of weeks after you and don't feel anywhere near ready! Not even had a chance for the emotional ups and downs [or my well-deserved mental breakdown] cos too busy trying to sort the house out to rent etc etc... It's weird but no - one on here ever seems to stress over the thousands of practical tasks that have to be done prior to going - obviously everyone is way more organised than us!! Hope your baby sleeps lots en route for you both! x

Hi Rich, Jacinta,

Wishing you both all the best. I'm sure that it will be fine. Good luck and hope you have a pleasant journey.

You have every right to be nervous it's a big step to take, but many have done this before us, so it can't be that bad can it???

Guest ozziespurs

I know how you feel, we fly out on the 29 august and I can't sleep now, and keep worrying about everything. Such as find a rental in 2 weeks, and work etc.

Good luck and have a good journey.

Feeling exactly the same as you. Looked on the calendar today and we have got 5 weeks before we fly. Can't believe how quickly the time has passed from when we were granted our visa.

It is an emotional roller coaster and you wouldn't be normal if you weren't a little nervous. Once you land in Adelaide, and you settle into the Ozzie way of life, you will be just fine. Once on the plane, sit back and relax!! Hope you have a good journey.

Alison x

Guest the4hopes
Just about to fly out to Adelaide on Tuesday, we've never been more nervous about anything in our lives. I'm shaking like a leaf... can't sleep or anything. I guess everyone goes through it but when you're living in the weird twilight between leaving the UK and going to Oz it feels like the strangest thing!

Anyway, nervousness and fear aside, Adelaide here we come!:)

That weird twilight stay for a long time when you get here aswell. and we have been here nine months, we absolutely love it here. The best advice is to just enjoy the whole process, try not to let nerves and feeling get too much in the way, you will want to look back at this and feel happy about it, do lots of filming and try to be happy on camera, when we watch ours I looked like the living dead, I was so tired, and I attempted to smile but I had no energy!! This is history for the next generations in your family!

Wow! very encouraging. I will try to sit back, relax and enjoy the flight, although our 7 month old has just discovered he can almost crawl so the flight will be fun!!! Hope to see some of you down under!

rich

Guest VickyB

All the best guys, we also have a 7 month old and last flew with her when she was 5 1/2 months. All went very smoothly, I'm sure it will for you also.

If there's anything we can do in the next couple of months to help out please don't hesitate to ask, we only recently returned from a 2 year trip back to the UK and understand how difficult it can be with a little one.

Have a great trip and of course you are nervous, however you won't regret it! Vicky

Guest ben&sharon

Hi!

We've been here just over a week now, and all going fine so far - a bit full-on, but lots of enjoyable moments. We decided tonight that it was the right thing to do. Which sounds a bit odd, but you're never quite sure, are you?? ;)

You'll love it. Give us a shout when you arrive, and we'll meet for a beer or something to welcome some fellow Berkshirians (Berks????!).

Sharon.

Reading all these I feel less nervous!!! Cheers guys, can't wait to meet up! Plus our little one will need some friends to dribble on and poke in the eyes (other than me...)

rich

Guest back clan

good luck. I am sure you will be fine. We fly out in 4 wks and have been feeling in limbo land for a few weeks.

Have just moved out of a rented house which we had for 6 wks and are staying atmy in laws til we move.

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone

Know exactly how you fel - we fly out in 2 weks too. have packed up and left our home in manchester. currently on "holiday" with relatives in North wale until the flights on the 15th.

Glad it's not just my husband (and therefore me too) who hasn't slept for the last 2 weeks, but that it seems to work out well in the end. Maybe we can all share a few bleary eyed drinks in a few weeks time?

Guest AndyJo

We have just started the whole process and are so excited, I cant sleep and we probably still have 12 months or more to go!! We have a 2 year old and know that it's going to be a better life for her away from all this rain. I'm hooked on this website and have learnt so much from everybody! So thank you everyone!!

Good Luck!!! I'm soooo very excited for you!

Guest Allie Bloss

We have 8 weeks to go before we land and are very excited indeed, of course we are anxious as well as we are traveling with 3 little ones under 3 years and worry how we will sort rentals, jobs, cars, and so on - but we remind ourselves daily of why we are doing this and know it will be so worth it. If nothing else we will have sun shine!!

Hey its no fun if its too easy right?

Take care & safe journey,

look forward to reading youpost when you land!! & catching up over a beer & BBQ when we join you in Oct.

Guest graandjac

:biglaugh:It will all be fine....just remember if you dont ask you wont get .....so ask for help when you arrive evryone is willing to help and offer advice........goodluck oh....you arrive tomorrow:biglaugh: