Hi There

Guest Kerry&Paul

Guest Kerry&Paul

Just thought I'd say hello as I have just stumbled across this wonderful site! We are looking to move to Oz Sept 2010 with our two young boys (5 yrs and nearly 1) and really like the look of Adelaide. I'm sure I will be asking lots of questions in the coming months as our visa app (hopefully) moves along and would appreciate any advice/info/guidance. Thanks.

Guest wifey
Just thought I'd say hello as I have just stumbled across this wonderful site! We are looking to move to Oz Sept 2010 with our two young boys (5 yrs and nearly 1) and really like the look of Adelaide. I'm sure I will be asking lots of questions in the coming months as our visa app (hopefully) moves along and would appreciate any advice/info/guidance. Thanks.

Hi Kerry and Paul! im Nadia and im married to a Aussie we have 4 kids sami 17, jem 14, Emmie 12, and Jack 5! have you visited Adelaide yet? i was there in April and i loved it! we are going to Mount Barker which is in the hills but not too far from the city haveyou any thoughts yet where you want to go?;)

Guest Kerry&Paul

Hi thanks to everyone for being so kind and welcoming us. We are currently awaiting to hear back from the TRA skills assessment but apparently there is 5 week back log so fingers crossed with that. We are initially applying to go on a 175 Independant visa however with the changes that have been made and that they are taking upto 24 months to process this type of visa, the visa company we are using have said it might be better to change to a 176 state sponsored.

We have never been to Austalia and we are not doing a rekkie before we go; whether that is silly of us I'm not sure but we just thought we'd go what the hell!! We have friends in Melbourne who have been telling us how much they love it over there and we've been thinking about the move for about 12 months. I just really want to be there like now!!

hi kerry and paul ... welcome to pia its a fab site .

we are also going on a 175 but just finishing our paper work for the 176 too . had some great advice from alots of people on here and made friends with some lovley people.

we also have never been and we are not doing a recci. just gonna go for it ( are we mad ) !!!!

good luck with everything .

carolyn x

Guest AndyJo

We thought we were the only mad ones, we were also applying for 175, and were told to get ready for a longer wait however if we swopped for a 176 state sponsorship it would be quicker! We have never been or have intentions to until we have to go and get the visa stamped. We are so excited too! Good Luck everyone!!

Guest Kerry&Paul

It's so pleasing to know we are not the only ones going through this caffufal and we're also just as mad as at least a few others!! Will keep everyone updated when have more news. Thanks again .

Guest bugbabe

Hi!

I only joined this forum on Monday and have found everybody to be extremely helpful and positive! I have learnt so much already.

We too are going out without a reckie. Some people say we're bonkers, but I just say we're free ;)

good luck to you all! we came last november on the 175 and so far so good the kids LOVE it, i even threaten them when the are naughty (all the time!) that am sending them back hahaha ;)

if you have anything to ask or are unsure of just ask away you will always get a answer on here.

We have met some smashing friends on here and i bet you will too!

sue xxx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i'm new on this forum too, and we are also making the move without having ever been to australia!

we'll be arriving after you in the beginning of 2011 and i'm getting impatient already! goodluck with your application process

Guest Kerry&Paul

Thanks Gemma,

It's really hard to take your time with things isn't it!?! We are just waiting for TRA confirmation (or not) and then I think I'll be able to relax a bit. Good luck with everything too.

Guest Django
Hi i'm new on this forum too, and we are also making the move without having ever been to australia!

No worries there. We had never been here before we made the move. We love it here. Yes its not easy but you will get out what you put in if you get me.

Good luck to all making the move.

Pete

Guest guest3462

Hi there, we are here in Adleaide already and have been here for 8 months now. We came on a 457 visa with the intention of staying for a year with my husbands work, but we all love it so much we are staying forever!!!

We are also just starting the visa process and we have found out it will be quicker to do it on my occupation rather than try to extend our original 4 year visa we got from Rich's work, so what do we go for??? 175 or the 886 which is the on shore version of the 176. We are informed that due to our onshore status we should have PR by xmas!!!! Whether or not this happens........I'll believe it when i'm sat in immigration getting my passport stamped!!!

Hope everthing goes smoothly for you and will see you out here next year! (Only another 14 paydays for you!!!) :-)

Take care and if we can help you with anything we'll do our best to help

Love Julia, Rich, Carys and Lizzie xxx