Hiya!

Guest Charliemac

Guest Charliemac

Hi folks, I just found this sitre of the Poms In Oz website and as I am in the recruitment process with SAPOL I thought I'd better take a look at this website and introduce myself and my family. There's me my wife and three daughters aged 4,nearly 3 and 10mths. My wife's folks moved out to Canberra in 2007 and ever since my wife has been champing at the bit to go too, however I was not so keen, given that I was quite settled where I am. However in April this year we went out to visit her folks and her Brother who has also moved out there and loving it. I looked at the holiday as a chance to see if I could live there. I really enjoyed myself and since then my wife and I have been looking in to moving over. I looked in to applying to AFP as it was the force nearest her folks, however they say you need to be a citizen to apply. I then looked at NSW, however they said I would need to have PR before applying and they would not recognise any of my UK service or prior learning and in fact I would have to go to Uni for 2 years before applying and I would have to pay tuition fees. So that was a big no. We then looked at Queensland and they were far more accepting stating that I would have my prior learning and service taken account of and that would be reflected in pay etc. This sounded a lot better, however again they would need me to have PR before applying as well. This we thought was not going to be aproblem as my wife is a qualified Nurse with a background in emergency care and has extended roles etc, we were told that she would have no problem finding a job and obtaining a visa. That was not the case, we ended up starting the application process for the 175 visa ourselves and had planned to wait until we had PR before I applied to QLD Police.

Until 1 day about 4 weeks ago I was on PIO and noted a thread that said SAPOL were recruiting UK cops, the closing date was in a weeks time, anyway long story boring, I managed to get all the relevant paperwork and construct a CV and have a medical done in less than a week and made the deadline after theyextended it for a week!

I was invited down to London in order to undergo the entrance tests and that was on Thursday just past. Whilst waiting outside to go in to sit the test I even bumped in to a cop from my own office and a cop that I joined with! We're just waiting with fingers crossed to see if I passed, assuming all goes well we will be out in Adelaide in April 2010!!:)

• 1 year later...
Guest Guest75
Looking at coming over to SAPOL myself .Currently police sergeant in england,heard they might be recruiting again???

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I've not heard anything recently about recruiting.

I'm not old bill BTW :cute:

Don't know if you know this Police forum ,might be worth keeping an eye on??

Police-Forum Portal