Hi everyone.....

Guest the_harpers

Guest the_harpers

we're new on here, there's myself Danielle (29), Steve (33), Jude (4) and Sonny (1). We've already got our skills visa and are flying out to Adelaide on September 14th - aaahhh SCAREY!! No, we're really excited now.

Just wanted to introduce ourselves now and hope we can make some contacts for when we get there.

We are staying in holiday accommodation for the 1st 3 weeks in Glenelg and in that time are going to look for somewhere to rent more permanent.

Look forward to hearing from others in the same boat as us.

Take care.

Danielle xxxx

Guest mOZzy

hello danielle, steve, jude and sonny!! and welcome :)

wow, how exciting!!! so soon! how's the packing going?

well obviously we all want to know how you are getting on in the last few weeks before depature ;) - so spare no detail!

but i do wish you a smooth transition over and can't wait for a (detailed) update!!!

Guest sarah_clancy

hey guys!

how exciting, we may be flying out just one day before you guys!

(if everything goes 2 plan of course)

have you been over before?!

Guest Gordon & Dena Morrison

Good luck with your move hope it goes well for you.

We fly out on the 18 aug and staying in seaford rise.

Container comes next thurs. Have some serious packing to do, but spend most of my mornings on here. Addicted to it.!

Dena 34

Gordon 38

Aaron 16

Emma 12 (today)

Thomas 10

Guest the_harpers

Hi all thanks so much for your replies....

It's been pretty hectic, we had to move out of property in uk as it sold within 2 hrs and we had to be out within 6 weeks, so livng at parents (actually it's been really nice). We have decided to get married before we go, we have been together 10 yrs, but just never got round to it. Thought it would be nice for family before we go. So we're getting married on Sept 7 (week before we go), having our leaving party that night. I'm also trying to arrange my hen night and organise everything else!! We don't do anything by halves!!!! Go out with a bang I say!

Just trying to tie up everything now. just can't wait to start our new life. We've been to oz before, we came on a one yr working visa, but we never made it to adelaide - got stuck in sydney partying. Our stuff is being shipped as we speak, we went with John Mason - who were really good. We have 1/2 container and it cost £2,500.

The one thing that worries me is that my two boys are really close to the grandparents and they spend a lot of time with them. I just hope they will be okay - saying that we have a webcam so hopefully it won't be too hard. Also we have a lot of support from family here, so that will be tough. How have you found it?

anyway feel i've babbled on enough.

take care

Danielle xx

Guest ralph n bev

Hiya "the Harpers"

What a lovely idea, getting married before you go , and combining it with the leaving party. Its sure going to be a very emotional day for everyone.

Hope you've got kleenex on the tables, as well as flowers!!

Good luck with the whole kaboodle especially your new lives as mr and mrs in Oz !!

Bev:D